To much snow under hood.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try my hand at making a fibreglass deflector... possibly with venting.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big problem is not so much that snow is getting in there... its the steam. Holy man alive the steam rolling outta that thing! Looks like a choo choo!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride alot in blower pow at -30c. Doo sucks at this blown boots every ride. To completely stop it. 1 prefilter on nose cone. 2 silicone where front bumper goes through nose. 3 no matter what you have to tape the hood from side panel to side panel the majority of snow gets in there. Go give a tiny tug on the hood and lift at the front its poorly sealed to begin with.
If you look at the g4 inside the engine bay there is no ridge to the boot, water goes right in it. On the poo the boot is higher up on the bulkhead so water doesnt leak right into it.
Did nobody test this sled in cold weather?

Best fit and finish in the game

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride alot in blower pow at -30c. Doo sucks at this blown boots every ride. To completely stop it. 1 prefilter on nose cone. 2 silicone where front bumper goes through nose. 3 no matter what you have to tape the hood from side panel to side panel the majority of snow gets in there. Go give a tiny tug on the hood and lift at the front its poorly sealed to begin with.
If you look at the g4 inside the engine bay there is no ridge to the boot, water goes right in it. On the poo the boot is higher up on the bulkhead so water doesnt leak right into it.
Did nobody test this sled in cold weather?
I missed the bumper cracks.
How are you taking the side panels??

I wonder if a mtnk blow hole in place of the bbq grill would work better?

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I missed the bumper cracks.
How are you taking the side panels??

I wonder if a mtnk blow hole in place of the bbq grill would work better?
Im not taping the panels. I tape from side panel to side panel where the hood meets the body plastic. First I started with the hood just at the nose cone and checked during the ride and I could feel the slush still in the boots so I gradually tape further and further and I ended up at each side panel and that stopped all the snow never an issue after that no matter how fine the powder was. My riding buddy did that as well and he has never blown a boot since.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not taping the panels. I tape from side panel to side panel where the hood meets the body plastic. First I started with the hood just at the nose cone and checked during the ride and I could feel the slush still in the boots so I gradually tape further and further and I ended up at each side panel and that stopped all the snow never an issue after that no matter how fine the powder was. My riding buddy did that as well and he has never blown a boot since.

It might be just me but I would be pissed if I spent 25g on a sled that needed to be taped up just so I could ride it and not have it wreck it’s self. I remember taping up my sled in the late 90’s but to do it now seems unreasonable

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.
I'll have everything apart to change the boot. See if I can figure this out. Thx

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be just me but I would be pissed if I spent 25g on a sled that needed to be taped up just so I could ride it and not have it wreck it’s self. I remember taping up my sled in the late 90’s but to do it now seems unreasonable
What are you going to do then? Keep changing boot? It is what it is so I took the steps to correct it does not matter what I paid for the sled. And I solved the issue.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do then? Keep changing boot? It is what it is so I took the steps to correct it does not matter what I paid for the sled. And I solved the issue.

I get that’s what you had to do so it doesn’t wreck the boot. It boggles my mind they don’t design it better so the customers don’t have to tape it up.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Window screen mesh in large or small pour...

You can pick it up cheap in stainless steel or plastic mesh,,, cut it too fit,,, use velcro,,, zip ties,,, hay wire,,, or rvt too secure it in place...

Costs about $5 too $7 too do the whole engine compartment...

We like using the stainless steel mesh since a person can tap on it and the snow falls off,,, that and it won't melt,,, frugal too replace if one or more home made mesh guards get damaged...

Buy what you need or make your own,,, large mesh keeps most of the snow out,,, can be fourmed too fit,,, won't melt,,, easy too install or replace,,, can easily remove on the hard pack days ...

Life is simple when we make our own junk... Ha

Cheese all !!!

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really you think everything is coming in side panels? Is your turbo vent still open? This was a legit problem for us in the cold weather can you post a pic of where you taped? I’m pretty sure in normal revy warmth it will be less of an issue but still a pita.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is after only 1 hour of putting around the farm
Belly pan completely full and froze up the steering boots
Had water flowing out the drain hole

Attachments

• 31E430AB-C0BB-4229-804A-7CEE63E8DA83.jpeg
    31E430AB-C0BB-4229-804A-7CEE63E8DA83.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 7CC62CB8-C7B3-4E7D-B744-788B735231C1.jpeg
    7CC62CB8-C7B3-4E7D-B744-788B735231C1.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 168
  • A6DBF3FB-3C46-4E0C-AA60-DEEBE317DBDB.jpeg
    A6DBF3FB-3C46-4E0C-AA60-DEEBE317DBDB.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 165

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That freaking crazy. I've only rode mine a couple times in blower snow, but it maybe -7 to -9 and never had any build up what so ever. how is it getting in where you headlight is? is your frunk damaged? all the snow check sled come with the pre-filter in the grill, but i can see where some can get in around the hood. I would never guess that much though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As an ex dealer I can tell you from experience that deep dry snow and -20 temps have been plaguing sleds for years and years. If there is a way, the snow will find its way in. Frozen carbs, steering components froze up, suspension components frozen and air boxes full of snow. I used to hate coming to work on a Monday morning when it was cold. Every call was poor running sled calls. I'd tell them to put some isopropyl in the tank, put it in a warm shop and pop the airbox off and let it melt out then try it. Solved 90% of the time.

Top Bottom