To Good Friends Lost

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a hard day. Went with Dwayne's kids to say goodbye. We left him in some trees somewhere around Golden. It didn't matter if it was sledding or snowboarding, he was always in the trees (mostly stuck).

So if anyone happens to see him, stop and say hi. Have a beer with him, he's a Budweiser man.

Poo time

Reaction score
Condolence to all of you that has lost someone near and dear to you. I lost my mother and one of my sisters within exactly 2 months of each other. Not an easy thing to deal with as you all know. Thanks for this thread.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread has made me think back about my loses over the last 6 years. I don't share my emotions often but here goes. In January of 2010 Chad Temple died in Avalanche on Quest mountain in Sicamous while helping one of his buddies that had been injured previous to the avalanche. Chad moved to a Red a Deer from Manitoba and was working with my best friend from High School when I met him in 2001. Chad and I were both renting rooms in the "flop" house as I called it at the time. Chad was always smiling and there was never a dull moment when he was around. He enjoyed Sledding, dirt biking,4x4ing and everything outdoors. I helped him install a lift on his 98 gm half ton which made many trips to mountains. I had not seen Chad for a few years after I got married and had kids and when he died it made me wish I had made more effort to stop in and visit.

I have also lost two friends to suicides which were both so unexplained I still can't wrap my head around them.

Two years ago my Dad passed after fighting Cancer. My relationship with him was not good from the time I was 7 years old. However my fondest memories of spending time with him was riding in our 76 Chevy 3/4 ton going fishing or hunting. That truck had a 454 with dual glass pack exhaust. I would sit in the middle of the bench seat and my dad would let me run the throttle with my left foot. I would say let's rap them off and would stomp it to floor while going down the gravel roads. It was his job to keep the truck out of the ditch until he could kick my foot of the pedal. (Not recommended these days). My love for the outdoors came from my Dad and the I bought my last sled in Memory of him. He died in October 2013 so I bought my 2013 Proclimb in Orange as a carry over new in November. I bought orange because most of the pictures I remember of my Dad he was wearing an orange hunting hat or jacket. The day I picked up my sled it started snowing in Leduc on my way home and the next morning there was 8 inches of fresh snow. I took that as a sign from above and loaded up my wife's sled with mine and went out for ride at my families farm. I thank my Dad for the snow that year it was the best year for local sledding that I can ever remember. If I ever find a 76 chev 3/4 4x4 With a 454 I will likely buy that too.

Rest in peace Chad, Dylan, Tony, Gary

I should call some old friends today and so should everyone reading this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I rode with chad quite a few times in revy!! One of the nicest guys you would meet and loved sledding. Would help anyone anytime especially when sledding. Sorry for your loss Catman, and to everyone else that has lost loved ones.

Top Bottom