Tire Size

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Hey out there I have a rear tire size of 140/80 18 what sizes of tires can i run on this rim and what makes do you guys recommend?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.15 X 18 you can mount up almost any size tire. You need to find one that you like the best. I have a spare Skat Trak Intimidator 10 paddle that would work great in the sand...but not so good on the clay!! :D

The Millville I was running is nice, but in the "soft" position it gets shredded pretty fast on the harder stuff.

You could try an intermediate tire like the Bridgestone M404 or I have heard some good things about the Metz 6 Days Extreme. Metzeler 6 Days Extreme Rear Tire - Dirt Bike Motocross - Tires - Motorcycle Superstore Its supposed to be good for all types of terrain. The tire selection will really depend where you want the best traction, on the track or in the sand. If you spend 80% of the time in the sand, I would go with something in the intermediate range or softer, like the Bridgestone M70, if you spend most of the time on the track, then I would go with the harder range tire like the 6 Days. You probably will need at least a 120/80 for the 2.15 18, they don't make the M70 in the 18 inch for example so that one won't work (but you can find a similar style from another manufacturer).

Hope that helps.

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Hey modman all the info has been a real help, thanks alot. By the way the bike came with a metz extreme 6 days set, but they got shredded after a trip to the mountains and a couple of highmarks in shale (about 300km's).

Roger KTM

Reaction score
you can run a bunch of different sizes, 110/100-18 to 140/80-18.
My bike came stock with a 140/80-18 and I'm running a 120/100-18 kenda Trackmaster II, it seems to be a great tire and its street legal aswell.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear Kenda's are crap.. especially for trail riding supposively the knobbs bust off easily... I run Starcross, no complaints yet and they aren't overly expensive

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Kenda millville front and rear. The rear tire can be fliped for hard or soft terrain. I leave it on for soft stuff and it seems to work quite well and it was only $50 from Argyl motorsports in edmonton.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran kendas millvile on the crf250x and my cousin ran them on his 450x and they worked great:)

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear Kenda's are crap.. especially for trail riding supposively the knobbs bust off easily... I run Starcross, no complaints yet and they aren't overly expensive

I think someone told you something up sell a product just a thought

Top Bottom