imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone had any success in fixing sideweall damage on a atv tire?:beer:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was 50/ 50 last year. I was able to fix one early season sidewall split that held all season and had to replace one tire after September long weekend.

Depends on how big the cut is you can sometimes get a plug to hold. I was actually surprised the one lasted all year on mine.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any luck patching a sidewall. I ended up running a tube, which worked well.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
I have, wasn't a huge hole though, plugged it, then patched it from the inside, and hasn't given any trouble. The tire is a Carlisle Radial ACT.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hadster fixed one for me yesterday during the trail repairs, about a 2.5" cut. Must of hit a sharp piece of shale in the snow. Held air to get me back to the trucks, just noticed this morning that it is a little low. But the tire also popped the bead on 1/4 of the tire, could be leaking along the bead.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadster fixed one for me yesterday during the trail repairs, about a 2.5" cut. Must of hit a sharp piece of shale in the snow. Held air to get me back to the trucks, just noticed this morning that it is a little low. But the tire also popped the bead on 1/4 of the tire, could be leaking along the bead.

may have gotten some dirt i there, good time to take off tire for inspection. may have to do the same, tires are pricey.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Had two with plugs in them which always leaked a little. Did have a spare that I never used that was professionally repaired. You could see where the side was vulcanized from the inside, certainly looked like it would hold but I never got the chance to try it as I upgraded tires anyways. Not sure who would do it but at least I know it can be done.

Top Bottom