Ticketed on RR212

CobraCDN

Reaction score
Website
www.mlpaint.ca
How about my tax dollars that are wasted on a special enforcement unit just to harass sledders and quadders that wouldn't even be necessary if Dracona County was more reasonable. Fighting the ticket is one way of trying to institute change. It's easy for you to say when you're allowed to ride in the ditches in your County.

With all due respect, our county is no different from any other on this issue, as stated, it's a provincial matter. On county roads we are permitted to ride on the extreme right side at a maximum of 50kms/hr. 30Kms/hr in subdivisions.

Courts also approach issues in a legal sense, the law is the law, you've openly admitted guilt of the offense, you were caught committing the offense, so I don't see the statement you wish to portray coming through at all.
Cheers

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you'd base the defence on, as Strathcona County does not allow riding in the ditch of a public road allowance. Fighting it maybe on the basis the law is unfair and that why are horses allowed in the ditch but not sleds...? Not a good defence I know, but it will at least make the cops show up to court. You could also take that time to explain to the judge what how unreasonable and confrontational the cops were by threatening to tow the sleds unless you could get a trailer immediately? These guys are way too confrontational and need all the bad press they can get. I don't think any of these things will result in you winning your case, but us sledders have to start fighting back in Dracona County. If I get a ticket, I'll fight it. I know I probably won't win, but it will at least show some resistance to the stupid laws in this County. You may also tell your Councillor about the cops attitude.

Cops and courts don't make the laws, the politicians do. The police and judges are charged with enforcing the laws as written whether people think they are stupid or not. Wasting courts time with this isn't going to change anything, the politicians are who you need to bug. Its funny that you think its ok to waste tax dollars fighting tickets received for breaking laws that you know you are breaking, but not to enforce existing laws........Just saying......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Cops and courts don't make the laws, the politicians do. The police and judges are charged with enforcing the laws as written whether people think they are stupid or not. Wasting courts time with this isn't going to change anything, the politicians are who you need to bug. Its funny that you think its ok to waste tax dollars fighting tickets received for breaking laws that you know you are breaking, but not to enforce existing laws........Just saying......

There is no room for logic and common sense in this thread Mitch !!!!!

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not throw a few tax dollars out the window if you feel you can fight this ticket. lord knows we wasted far more money on issues in alberta.

hell look at the tax dollars spent to re-vamp 23rd Ave cause people are too stupid to stop turning left after the light turns red. the road was not a fatal design. the people driving were.

ild rather see an individual right or wrong use the system to attempt a benefit of some form then be told the system is going to spend huge amounts of tax dollars on construction i dont feel is needed. hell look at the new edmonton arts center as well. has anyone here ever been in that building? cost us 18 million if i recall correctly.

i see tax dollars used inappropriately as im sure many of you do as well, or feel they are.

wanna take a stab at the system for this ticket, i say go for it. in the grand scheme of things your small hit to the tax dollar system to fight this is trivial

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't consider fighting against a lousy law a waste of money. The "waste" as you note is one hell of a lot less than the waste the law and this unit is. Fighting these tickets is also one way to send a message, in addition to talking to the lawmakers.

Top Bottom