Thuren suspension

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is what I am struggling with. Numerous people have told me bilstein 4600s with stock springs and stock control arms end of the day rides the best and is very very cheaper :( Guess that what I'm gonna do on my 96

Single fox 2.0 non resi are about 200 each, I got triples on my megacab and it rides so smooth !!! Dont care what anyone says

I've been out of the modification game for so long I don't know anything about it now, and am happy with that. You sink so much money into it for little if any gains. If something is worn out sure replace with a decent aftermarket but chasing a better ride replacing perfectly good components is a waste of money.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing many people don't get about the carli/thuren is a lot of it is a sham. Drive 10 mph over some crazy bumps, now go 30 mph over them, if you go fast enough you will almost sail over them, not because of better suspension but by physics. They offer more travel then stock for sure, but none of their components are anything special. I ran about 6 different lifts in my 3rd gen many years ago and the carli was by far the most expensive but wasn't anywhere close to the smoothest or best components. Both of these companies boast about huge on road gains or at least they use to. Neither are good at making components, they are good at marketing though.

Well you arent going to get a trophy truck for 8000$. Maybe you are expecting too much for the $$$
I don't even run Carli, I have Dirt King Fab. But I know people that run Carli, and have done Baja ext and love the stuff, so don't know what to tell you.

But I have a fleet of trucks and only 1 of them has suspension done. So if you're just hauling the skid steer around Edmonton, its probably a waste of money I agree.

I love the suspension on my truck, money well spent IMO each to thier own I guess

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing many people don't get about the carli/thuren is a lot of it is a sham. Drive 10 mph over some crazy bumps, now go 30 mph over them, if you go fast enough you will almost sail over them, not because of better suspension but by physics. They offer more travel then stock for sure, but none of their components are anything special. I ran about 6 different lifts in my 3rd gen many years ago and the carli was by far the most expensive but wasn't anywhere close to the smoothest or best components. Both of these companies boast about huge on road gains or at least they use to. Neither are good at making components, they are good at marketing though.

Heres one of Carli's 3rd Gen kits. It is 13,000$ US What kit did you have that was better components than this. Just wondering....

CS-DUC35-03-D-LA-Long-Arm-UNCHAINED.jpg

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="lilduke, post: 2997247, So if you're just hauling the skid steer around Edmonton, its probably a waste of money I agree.
[/QUOTE]

Unless ur going west on white mud….then ya need a bra too!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres one of Carli's 3rd Gen kits. It is 13,000$ US What kit did you have that was better components than this. Just wondering....

View attachment 246371

You're comparing their current products, whereas I was referring to what they were offering 12+ years ago. The only thing that looks special is the control arms, other then that there is nothing great there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're comparing their current products, whereas I was referring to what they were offering 12+ years ago. The only thing that looks special is the control arms, other then that there is nothing great there.
Lol Ok so you dont know what your talking about. Kinda what i thought.

Top Bottom