Thundercat Quad Problem

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Arctic Cat 1000 quad that I need to change the front cv boots on! My question is how do you get the shafts out?On my Hondas you just give them a good tug and they pop out!Are the cats any different because the parts pics it looks like a similar system.:beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AC's can be a dirty beeotch. On my bud's machine we had to chain the quad to his trailer, then build a "poor man slide hammer' with a chain and a trailer hitch for weight.....we near ate that axle when it popped!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, what he said^^^^^^^. I had to build a puller....using a 12 ton bottle jack.....to pull the front right axle out of my old Prowler. The cir-clip got bound up and came out in 3 peices. I hope that isn't the case with yours...it was a pain in the nards.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have my inner boot ripped I'd be tempted just cut the old boots off and slide the new ones on and say 'FU.. IT'!!!I know from the old quads it doesn't take much crap in there to ruin the shafts and then cha-ching!!!!!But I want to give them a good cleaning!What a pain in the azz!!!Thanks for the pointers you guys!!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just use this home made attached to a slide hammer on 09 and older. The newer white cup axles are different and you have to compress the outer band to release them

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 09 was easy to do just a good straight tug. right one was lil tougher but still got her out. replaced them all with rhinos

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it off now I assume a big hammer will get it ti 'pop' in!Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom