Things to check out on the way to kelowna

pyro39

Reaction score
Heading to Vernon/kelowna this weekend just looking for things to checkout on the way out or in kelowna.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sky treck is a sweet zip line tour or crazy creek if you like a little trail with nice waterfalls and what not and some hot springs inbetween revelstoke and sicamouse or white water rafting in golden all a must do so much fun

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have young ones in tow. Canada's highest water falls at Yoho, lunch at 3 Valley Gap c/w tour of museum, the Enchanted Forest, Giant Cedars or Cedar Board Walk, Silver Canyon Hot Springs, the Burner Restaurant just before Sicamous (a little tricky getting into if you miss the first left turn), Revelstoke Dam or the Mica Dam, there is also the "wolf farm" out of Golden (I have never been there so I'm just adding it to the list). Stop at the Summit of Roger's Pass (don't buy gas there!!!) and tour the hotel, and there is a Tim's in Golden, Revelstoke, and Sicamous (JFYI). Have fun and enjoy, fs

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All things mentioned above are true and great. You can do a heli tour at 3 valley gap, also in winfield at the Jammery(The Jammery) Also there is Ziplines in Oyama (Oyama Zipline - Where the ride is wicked!) you can stop at sparkling hills resort and check out all the crystals, or take the wife into the spa and wellness center, really really nice, took the wife there for a weekend get away for her birthday (Sparkling Hill: Spa Wellness Resort, Wellness Hotel, Retreat for Wellness Vacations, Okanagan Valley, Canada) If golf is your thing, there is LOTS great courses in the vicinity (Kelowna Golf Courses - Tourism Kelowna) If wine is your thing, we have tonnes of wineries to tour (http://www.kelownabc.com/wine/kelowna.php) if you want to do a romatic gesture for your wife, you can try () nice beaches to check out (Beaches and Water Parks) if you want to do some hiking (http://www.kelownabc.com/kvr/trestle_map.php) great sunday brunch at the eldorado (Kelowna Hotel Eldorado | Lakeside boutique accommodations & dining)
skydiving in vernon which im doing on tuesday the 6th (Okanagan Skydive - Vernon, BC, Kelowna Penticton Kamloops, tandem parachute jump, skydiving lessons) that should keep you entertained for a while!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have young ones in tow. Canada's highest water falls at Yoho, lunch at 3 Valley Gap c/w tour of museum, the Enchanted Forest, Giant Cedars or Cedar Board Walk, Silver Canyon Hot Springs, the Burner Restaurant just before Sicamous (a little tricky getting into if you miss the first left turn), Revelstoke Dam or the Mica Dam, there is also the "wolf farm" out of Golden (I have never been there so I'm just adding it to the list). Stop at the Summit of Roger's Pass (don't buy gas there!!!) and tour the hotel, and there is a Tim's in Golden, Revelstoke, and Sicamous (JFYI). Have fun and enjoy, fs

great suggestions! FYI there is no more gas at the summit. they pulled the pumps out permanently.

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Kelowna one of my favorite things to do was explore around the kettle valley railroad line, you can drive up to it from mission and drive right up to one of the tressles, it's also really cool to drive into penticton on the other side of the lake on the rail line

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Kelowna one of my favorite things to do was explore around the kettle valley railroad line, you can drive up to it from mission and drive right up to one of the tressles, it's also really cool to drive into penticton on the other side of the lake on the rail line

the trestles are a great idea especially if you have kids as you can bike the whole trail with very little grade so easy ride in a beautiful area. We did it a couple years ago with my daughters school and if I remember correctly there are 18 trestles to cross all bike friendly. Here is a web site :

Top Bottom