There are more sleds registered in MI - MN & WI than....

wowchad

Reaction score
Website
www.cvtech-aab.com
...ALL OF CANADA COMBINED

That's what we were told several years ago when CVTech in Quebec approached us to distribute their products in the U.S. marketplace.

I make custom built control cables for a living, what did we know about engine parts or the power sports market?!?
I've always liked snowmobiles, (but was more of a quad guy) and owned a few Cats over the years, I just never really got into the sport other than some ice fishing & lake rips to the warmest bar:)

Well what a neat market it has proved to be with some great, very passionate people!

I only bounced over here (from DooTalk) to look for GPS mapping info for the ID/MT region we're heading to in January and thought I'd share my little statistic.

You guys have a great resource here, although obviously geared more toward mountain riding, there's a lot to learn and we're all out there together in this great sport, even if we're burning gas in different ways.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove thru that area last year on a trip to Toronto, was amazed at how many times I came across road crossings for snowmobiles. Looked it up later and discovered just how huge the trail network is out there, so I am not surprised at that kind of statistic. Different kind of riding for sure.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only reason there's more sleds registered is it hasn't been mandatory for registration in a lot of provinces until just reciently. There are lots of sleds. Just not rgestered

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised there are way more sleds out east. Way more people too, so it stands to reason. Another reason why the manufacturers don't cater enough to the mountain market-its just too small!

Top Bottom