The TRUTH about ProClimb 800 being belt burners?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe it is, some cracked TCLS (as i just found out today my 2012 cracked one) and some were belt burners (mine hasn't burned one in 600 miles)
hit and miss, but i do think it was because of some ****tty clutches and the old thin TCL that came on the 2012. the new ones are better for sure

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2012 m8 153. i broke the sled in for 150 km in the mountains and then it was boosted, anywhere from 8-12lbs boost. i now have around 1600km on the original belt. all i have done is proper clutching and good venting. LOVE my sled, wouldnt want anything else

HCR800<3

Reaction score
2012 HCR 800 .. Never blown a belt. Would still be on the original Kevlar belt HAD the dealer I used to go to not have left the park brake on and burnt that one off.. Got almost 2000 kms on the machine now. Have a few buddies who are definetely in that agressive/abusive rider area and they blow belts like it's going out of style! But could be because they don't allow a break in, just balls to the wall all day everyday - Haha.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rented a 12 last year blew a belt thought oh well who knows how long this has been on here. Threw the spare on and by the time that sled left me stranded playing in the trees by boulder mtn cabin the belt had strands hanging off it.

sled blew a belt then almost ate another belt and died on me! Sry boys I'm riding my little ol m7 for this season to say good by or total it then its the xm ship for me.

you could argue that it was a rental sled yes but I doubt an xm will have the same problem when I rent one this season.

Last edited:

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 HCR 800 .. Never blown a belt. Would still be on the original Kevlar belt HAD the dealer I used to go to not have left the park brake on and burnt that one off.. Got almost 2000 kms on the machine now. Have a few buddies who are definetely in that agressive/abusive rider area and they blow belts like it's going out of style! But could be because they don't allow a break in, just balls to the wall all day everyday - Haha.

Aggressive?? What nooooo lol

Top Bottom