the real cost of reprogramming your 1000

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so while hauling my rt 1000 to work to get reprogrammed loose a wheel bearing and ground axle to a point trying to get off the road, out 300.00
end up late for work 1.5 hrs out another 60
haul sled to dealer at lunch break as it missed its free ride because of said wheel bearings vacation get speeding ticket was 45kmph over got it knocked to 20 because i was nice and pulled up beside the cop to get my ticket rather than he having to chase me. out another 130
still waiting to see the bill should be 60 bucks or so.
all in all costed me just over 500.00 bucks i figure + time to come back and pick up trailer and replace axle and probably springs.
i guess lucky i found tire to save a few bucks at that end lol

friggen mechanics, i even have the wheel bearings in the shed at home still waiting from the year befoe last to get replaced.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep it did lol, way more responsive now and not as black out of the pipe. still fouling plugs on warm up though. how do you up the idle a bit? i seen the wifes 600 has a set screw to adjust it but everything on my 1000 is capped off. it seems to idle low imo about 1500 or so.
if i put new plugs in it it will run great all day next time i fire it up it will start great but after about 3-5 mins of idling to warm up it will foul the pto side plug and die out. replace the plugs with new and away it goes till the next day. kinda expensive needing new plugs every day lol thinking if i idle it up a bit might help lessen that issue.
however ran all last spring with no issues wtf?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, idle screw needs bumped up.......... Screw is seen from the top down between the carbs, close to the engine..... Should be 2000 rpm's +/- 200rpms....... Mine idles around 1800+....... and a low idle will foul plugs

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or another way of looking at it too lazy to repack wheel bearings cost me this much
so while hauling my rt 1000 to work to get reprogrammed loose a wheel bearing and ground axle to a point trying to get off the road, out 300.00
haul sled to dealer at lunch break as it missed its free ride because of said wheel bearings vacation get speeding ticket was 45kmph over got it knocked to 20 because i was nice and pulled up beside the cop to get my ticket rather than he having to chase me. out another 130
all in all costed me just over 500.00 bucks i figure + time to come back and pick up trailer and replace axle and probably springs.

friggen mechanics, i even have the wheel bearings in the shed at home still waiting from the year befoe last to get replaced.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember you having issues with tires and them falling off of other things you have owned in the past... Maybe you should swing by WNR a little more often for some grease jobs...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember you having issues with tires and them falling off of other things you have owned in the past... Maybe you should swing by WNR a little more often for some grease jobs...

the last time that happened was fawked i had them tires on my truck for nearly a month, went to smurffs, parked, left, lost tire before end of block wtf???????????

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe you need to adjust your oil pump could putting to much oil mark your oil tank and see how much you use per tank of fuel

Top Bottom