The price of fire wood

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is a winter time outside fire

Summer fires are cool too. Had a barn burner out side of sylvan lake one time, even had a water truck on hand to keep it under control.

Pig roast and drinks,,, that one was on of my fav bonfires ever. Bonfires rule! I Couldn't afford to have them at 12$ a wheel barrel load though...lol

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Askew's grocery here in Sicamous, $8 buys you about 3/4 of one(1)12"diameter x 16"long, split and wrapped up in mesh. I have enough wood thankfully

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summer fires are cool too. Had a barn burner out side of sylvan lake one time, even had a water truck on hand to keep it under control.

Pig roast and drinks,,, that one was on of my fav bonfires ever. Bonfires rule! I Couldn't afford to have them at 12$ a wheel barrel load though...lol
It's too fawking hot here to have a summer big bonfire lol

Alberia yes, have had many

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It holds a 1/2 a cord per full fill

3 fills at least a day when we are out and the families are there tobogganing

Mine is a 42" and when the kids have friends over they go through 3/4 cord without a lot of effort. Good thing we have a lot of deadstanding spruce.
Every year I cut a ring 2" deep into 3 three trees so they dry standing. Way lighter to work with the next year when I knock them down.
Usually do 16-20" diameter.

Last edited:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
There is nothing that that irks me more than to have to pay for wood, back in the day, campfire wood was free, sure crappy poplar but it was FREE and as much as you wanted. Now when we used to random camp we brought back deadfall that we did not burn home on the quad trailer, do this a few times over a few years and you get a pretty good pile at home for the wood stove. Now at the lake we search out deadfall, buck it up, bring back to site, split it and enjoy campfires for free, and get quadding in at the same time.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to work for a firewood company that used two of these with custom cabs and one had a custom conveyor that was 60ft long. Could split a semi load to a semi and a half of wood per day depending how straight the wood was. Lodgepole pines we could do quick but poplar and birch took longer cause of the twists and limbs getting stuck. I can't remember what the prices were, it was all based on truck box size, or for trailers we based it on how many bobcat buckets it took to fill. Our only rule was you couldn't stack it, it just had to be dumped in loose.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the input on this thread, and the PM's

It's greatly appreciated :beer:

Top Bottom