The Fix...

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys question.... those of you that have the fix installed what is the best plugs to be running?

Trencher

Reaction score
Has anyone had the "FIX' in for a decent amount of time and if so what is all involved with the kit. Is it something a guy can do on the weekend in the garage? Do you have to run different fuel Mapping? The reason i ask is i am looking in to the fix, i just got a fresh motor and want to run this sled for a couple of years still(what can i say i like the IQ chasis still) I have the power commander 5 and various other upgrades and aftermarket upgrades(Pipe/silencer, reeds,etc...) just wondering what peoples feed back is on the fix kit.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Fix kit in my 09 dragon and run NGK Irridium BPR 9EIX,they work good.
The Fix kit come with pistons,rings,wrist pin and clips you need to get new wrist pin bearings.It
also comes with longer cylinder bolts and dowl pins,spacer plate and base gasket.You will need to have the cylinder
honed for the new rings.If you feel comfortable doing a top end then you'll find it easy.I ran mine last year
with the April flash and was getting the Det light in the mid range,I think it was the extra compression you get
from the tighter pistons,I gained about 10psi by just putting the kit in.The engine runs quieter and rev's quicker
Just make sure your clearance's are spot on and full warm up before riding.Hope this helps ya.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it do anything power or torque wise cause the engine just runs so much tighter?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say it makes 5hp more,would think it's from the extra compression.Real snappy on the bottom end.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Fix kit in my 09 dragon and run NGK Irridium BPR 9EIX,they work good.
The Fix kit come with pistons,rings,wrist pin and clips you need to get new wrist pin bearings.It
also comes with longer cylinder bolts and dowl pins,spacer plate and base gasket.You will need to have the cylinder
honed for the new rings.If you feel comfortable doing a top end then you'll find it easy.I ran mine last year
with the April flash and was getting the Det light in the mid range,I think it was the extra compression you get
from the tighter pistons,I gained about 10psi by just putting the kit in.The engine runs quieter and rev's quicker
Just make sure your clearance's are spot on and full warm up before riding.Hope this helps ya.

Thanks Timbo.... i just got my cylinders back, took 3 weeks to be honed and re-coated, I have all the most updated flashs so hoppen i have no issues... Was a pretty easy install also, but i have done alot of top ends.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of what the fix looks like install....

IMG00183-20111101-1516.jpg

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you get this done or parts sent away to do this fix

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey chris i will leave it up to you as to if you think I need this on mine at this point...text me!

Top Bottom