teryx axle

hintonite

Reaction score
so after 40 km on my stock 09 teryx the front right outer cv joint is cracked. I took it into kawasaki and was told to purchase the new one and they will make a claim to kawasaki for warrenty. What is up with that? I sure hope they give me warrenty on the axle, it is not cheap.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I,m pretty sure that Dennis won,t cover it if that is where yoou bought it.Why should you have to buy one first.Tell him to take it off of one of this new ones

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call kawasaki direct and tell them that the dealer is telling you to buy the axle first. They will deal with him. And ya the kawi dealer in hinton isnt that great. Bought parts for my brute from him one time and it was the same story. He wants you to buy them so that was he doesnt have to chase you after kawi says no.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so after 40 km on my stock 09 teryx the front right outer cv joint is cracked. I took it into kawasaki and was told to purchase the new one and they will make a claim to kawasaki for warrenty. What is up with that? I sure hope they give me warrenty on the axle, it is not cheap.

sounds like your in for a screwing

hintonite

Reaction score
so the axle came in yesterday and i had to pay for it! I was told that Kawi had not responded to the warrenty claim. I will give it another week for a refund. The local dealer told me i should talk to the dealer that i bought it from even though i bought it from cars rv and marine(they own the local dealer here in hinton). I sure hope they warrenty this or i will be very vocal about kawi and the dealer.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hope he does something for ya man. Its kinda BS that dealers dont like servicnig machines from other dealers. There is a obvious reason you didnt buy from them(90% of the time price or the way past service has been). I know i got my 09 for a decent price out here as i called 4 dealers in alberta and they wouldnt even try to complete. For the most part, no dealer would come with in 800 bucks.

hammerbike

Reaction score
I would suggest he put through the warranty first, then when (if?) it's approved, you'll get the work done. No way you should be buying a part prior to warranty determination, especially with only 40 kms on it!! JMHO

hintonite

Reaction score
Ya i needed it to get some work done. So here i am waiting.

hintonite

Reaction score
Well i was finally approved for the axle under warrenty. The local dealer called me and told me thet they would only refund me $426 and i paid $579.
Was told kawi paid only cost and they charged me retail and they could only give me what kawi paid them. I then called kawi canada and they made the dealer refund the $579. When the gave me the cheque they told me they will not work on my machine anymore, nor would they work on any other machine that was not purchased through them. They are being purchased by cars rv and marine, and that is where i bought it from. When i told the manager from cars rv and marine they said once the deal was complete there will be some staff changes!!! one dealer can change ones out look on a machine very quik.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i was finally approved for the axle under warrenty. The local dealer called me and told me thet they would only refund me $426 and i paid $579.
Was told kawi paid only cost and they charged me retail and they could only give me what kawi paid them. I then called kawi canada and they made the dealer refund the $579. When the gave me the cheque they told me they will not work on my machine anymore, nor would they work on any other machine that was not purchased through them. They are being purchased by cars rv and marine, and that is where i bought it from. When i told the manager from cars rv and marine they said once the deal was complete there will be some staff changes!!! one dealer can change ones out look on a machine very quik.

Glad it worked out for you

Once the deal is complete, go and check to "see" if indeed they made the changes they said they would.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my wifes 650 kawi Hinton would not deal so I bought one in Edmonton.Bought 650 Kawi number 2 this time Hinton would deal.Wanted to buy a side X side went to Hinton 19000 for the sidexside and this was not the special edition.So called Alpine Motor sports in Salmon Arm and bought a rhino done right up with even a custom seat slide for the wife short azz.I only paid 16 400.When I stopped at Hinton Kawi,he made fun of me for buying the Rhino and said you can,t compare the 2 to apple and oranges.I told him 3 grand buy alot of apples and the service I recieve from Alpine is second to none.My next quad might just be a Grizzly

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good to here man. Like i said, if in doubt, call Kawi customer service. I did it to Pro am in calgary many times cause they didnt want to help a guy out.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my wifes 650 kawi Hinton would not deal so I bought one in Edmonton.Bought 650 Kawi number 2 this time Hinton would deal.Wanted to buy a side X side went to Hinton 19000 for the sidexside and this was not the special edition.So called Alpine Motor sports in Salmon Arm and bought a rhino done right up with even a custom seat slide for the wife short azz.I only paid 16 400.When I stopped at Hinton Kawi,he made fun of me for buying the Rhino and said you can,t compare the 2 to apple and oranges.I told him 3 grand buy alot of apples and the service I recieve from Alpine is second to none.My next quad might just be a Grizzly

:rant:Are ANY MANUFACTURES PAYING ATTENTION HERE OR ARE THEY GOING TO GO BANKRUPT AND BLAME THE ECONOMY!!!:rant::d

hammerbike

Reaction score
I have always believed that ANY product is only as good as the place of purchase/dealer.
All brands have some "quirks", some big and some small, but if you get into a fight everytime you go to the dealers, then you begin to hate the product!
Some manufactures "get" this and some don't, some dealers "get" this and some don't.
If the dealer believes in his product and the manufacturer believes in their dealers ..........voila, success!! LOL
I deal with the places/dealers that do "get" it and I'm happy with all my purchases/toys!
My toy dealer???? T&T Powersports in Bonnyville! Terry "gets it" !

Top Bottom