Telus email users beware

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up if you use the Telus/google email system. If you cancel your Telus service, your email address becomes defunct, you can no longer use it and it shows as an invalid address for someone trying to contact you. Unlike hotmail or gmail etc where the email address is always accessible, the Telus address requires a functioning Telus account in order for it to be usable. FYI.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up if you use the Telus/google email system. If you cancel your Telus service, your email address becomes defunct, you can no longer use it and it shows as an invalid address for someone trying to contact you. Unlike hotmail or gmail etc where the email address is always accessible, the Telus address requires a functioning Telus account in order for it to be usable. FYI.

Of course all in the name of profits !!! We had to go threw the email Transfer to Google it was a pain in the Arse !Better off with Hotmail or other email platforms at least they don't spy on you ! I got rid of all my google FB and twitter including google as a Search engine like Millions of others to protest there Censorship of Freedom of SPEECH.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just went through that also. If I had of known what I know now, I would not have chosen gmail. I would change now but it is a royal pain to change all the billing, contacts, etc., etc.. I will persevere and struggle.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus transferred to gmail platforms in July for myself, took about a week to have a email confirmation and acceptance, been working fine ever since...

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Morn. Had to up date my norton protection on telus. They said VPN norton no longer in use. Protection I had was free and part of the plan. Now they want $20.00 a month to protect what I have and looks like they want to know what we do on devices. New protection is Norton 360 and have a bad feeling about it. What do you people think about this. Thanks

Top Bottom