Technical Riding Courses

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recomondations!! Nothing can be as helpfull as having someone work with you and put you into riding that would otherwise be out of your limits, but still keep it within your reach. We teach everyone from the first time rider, right through to advanced riders that have been in the mountains for years. When I look back to the time I spent learning to ride compared to if I had someone to prevent/ correct bad habits I'm sure that I could have saved years of riding open, forgiving, terrain and been able to go anyplace I wanted much sooner.
Last year we had a good example of this! We had twin brothers out with two riders that had been riding for five or so years, it was the twins first time on a sled. Within 2 hours they both were on edge and side hilling, they still need some time to figure things out but they were starting from a good foundation. I think if you took a clinic with anyone that offers it near you you probably will find that you save all sorts of hard work and you will enjoy sledding even more then you do now.
We look forward to hearing how you clinic goes with who ever you go out with.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent point. My riding has gotten better because of the clinic. My ability is hampered by my fitness level now lol

Mark P

Reaction score
I just got back from Fernie and doing some riding with Andy at Weir Boondocking. Its nice to be able to have someone to show you a few pointers on technique everyday for the 3 days I was up there and seeing the improved results everyday. The first day I was bagged after a great day of riding fresh lines in technical terrain from a bit much "Body English" and not enough technique. Andy took the time to show me what i was doing that could be improved and by the end of the 3rd day I had lots of gas in the tank to keep going for more. Through the trees, gullies, and the varied terrain the snow was good and rarely saw tracks even though the snow was over a week old. I think it is beneficial for almost anyone to get some seat time with a coach or someone who can really explain it and simplify it so it works for you. I have definitely moved my riding ability up a couple of notches.

Top Bottom