Taiga reservation waiting room

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still excited about the idea of an electric sled but I think taiga is going to focus on the ski hill/trail rider market first. The mountain sleds should have been on the snow last season and with it already being March and no sign of a demo ride until April, that is not going to cut it for testing. How hard would it be to give a dude in Revelstoke with EV charging equipment a sled to test? :d

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still excited about the idea of an electric sled but I think taiga is going to focus on the ski hill/trail rider market first. The mountain sleds should have been on the snow last season and with it already being March and no sign of a demo ride until April, that is not going to cut it for testing. How hard would it be to give a dude in Revelstoke with EV charging equipment a sled to test? :d

I think there initial market will be ski hills. Short trips for patrollers and workers, easy to plug in at lifts and buildings. Ski hills can say they are going green. They can also put on speed restriction. At vail resorts they are not allowed to go over 40km/h or they get an warning email.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure a lot of hype on social media for last two yrs and still no sign of them or availability
Look how long we waited for a turbo from the manufacturers? Be waiting longer than that for a mountain sled powered by batteries. Ski hills and trails? They probably arent that far off. Run out of battery power in the back country and your going for a chopper ride. Not like you can borrow some electricity from a buddy like you can fuel.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look how long we waited for a turbo from the manufacturers? Be waiting longer than that for a mountain sled powered by batteries. Ski hills and trails? They probably arent that far off. Run out of battery power in the back country and your going for a chopper ride. Not like you can borrow some electricity from a buddy like you can fuel.
Some jumper cables, a converter. And get your buddy to trench in his gas powered sled so he can pin it to charge at 8000 rpm and there ya are.... boooostin

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Making my buddies with Polaris turbos put their tracks up against mine and pin it so I can recharge :)

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Laugh it up but we once had to wrap the alternator v belt in my jet boat around the hub of a chainsaw and run her for about 15 mins with the key on to charge the battery after forgetting the key and the selector switch on both....

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is true, but marketing is crucial to
Sell a product like this. Should of did more R&D before making it public. Instead of bringing Jerry can they have mini generators on the tunnel.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems Taiga was charging the sleds in Whistler with these, right on the hill.
I dunno why they are called generators???

https://portable-electric.com/voltstack-2k-power-station/

That battery pack is interesting tho, It could be really good. Especially for camping in provincial parks. The Run hours do not look very good tho, nor is the weight of the pack.

It seems the eSled is targeted towards skiers, from all the footage Ive seen.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could get a helicopter to get the battery pack up to save battery life in the sleds....

Attachments

• 8603BE47-46D9-445F-9E32-E9148EBE3063.png
    8603BE47-46D9-445F-9E32-E9148EBE3063.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 202

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you have to haul a generator up the mountain with you? Lol

Think I'd get a few princess auto units and stash them at various places haha

Top Bottom