Sway Bar Removal

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buddy,Takes about 15 minites with a Grinder,I did mine on my XLT in the hotel parking lot in Valemont about 5 years ago.Very Simple job!
catmando!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy,Takes about 15 minites with a Grinder,I did mine on my XLT in the hotel parking lot in Valemont about 5 years ago.Very Simple job!
catmando!

What about the hole left over though?....also...how about some directions or tips on how to do this without wrecking the whole sled..lol.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about the hole left over though?....also...how about some directions or tips on how to do this without wrecking the whole sled..lol.

Just cut the bar on each side and slide it through the hole,andtoss it over your shoulder and duct tape the holes...........LOL!
Kidding on the duct tape!
catmando!

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not wanting to cut it out, you can drill out the rivets on each side of the bushings and the entire sway bar will come out. This way you can put it back in if you don't like it without it. As far as the holes after the sway bar is removed, you can pick up a couple of the rubber plugs that go into the belly pan for the primary clutch and they will fit perfect. Once you remove the sway bar you will need to apply a little more ski pressure by cranking up the front shocks. I've rode with and without the sway bar and don't notice alot of difference in the pow. But on the trail it sure leans alot. But it is a weight loss for sure. Some like it and some don't.:twocents:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my Escape I drilled out the rivets, and pulled the bar through.Then I traced around the stock guides that the bar went through, and cut a piece of rubber the same shape, and marked the rivet holes on the rubber. Run a bead of "Goop" around them, and rivet them into place. Everything is sealed up, with a factory look.:cool:

Top Bottom