Suncor well on fire 3-10-12

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Moving Nabors77 today,tool push said he saw video of derrick collapsing, so it must have got a leetle warm!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's my son's rig, it is Nabors 9, I too have the video of the Derrick falling and totally engulfed. As of last night she was still burning, thank god no one was hurt.

The boy playing with matches?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard from a birdie they tired to divert the gas but it was just too much...
i got the same info, also rig had only been there for a few days, took a kick diverted through a manifold, hard to say why but they were shallow as far as i know.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ya chitty deal, just glad no one got hurt... these incidents unfortunately end up fatal

also heard Shell threw a few $$$ into this rig not long ago. but really whats a few bucks to a oil company

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Derrick actually fell right on the consultants shack!!! Rumour is that they didnt have the BOP on as they were still drilling surface, have to have surface caseing in the hole to attach the BOP. Ran into a zone of gas that wasnt supposed to be there. Maybe all the Fracing in that area which is outa this world in barrels of water being pumped down hole has pushed the gas up?

Top Bottom