Summit spark plugs

djpred

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Summit 700 And the recomended plugs for it are NGK BR9ECS. I went out to pick up a spare set for it today, and they are $10 a plug!!! My Uncle's 2003 Summit 800 Calls for the same spark plugs (BR9ECS) But it has BR9EYA Plugs in it, and seems to run perfectly. The BR9EYA's are only $4.25 per plug. We found that the "Y" in BR9EYA means a V groove plug, which they are. Does anyone know if it is fine to run these in my machine too? What about the BR9ES? What is the "C" IN BR9ECS? Any help would be great! Thank you.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C should just mean copper core. br9es is a standard that will work in any Doo

djpred

Reaction score
So running a plug with no copper core wont be any issue? What does the coopper core do for you?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many plugs a year do you go through? Is $5.50 a plug really going to make that much difference? :D:D:D:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Summit 700 And the recomended plugs for it are NGK BR9ECS. I went out to pick up a spare set for it today, and they are $10 a plug!!! My Uncle's 2003 Summit 800 Calls for the same spark plugs (BR9ECS) But it has BR9EYA Plugs in it, and seems to run perfectly. The BR9EYA's are only $4.25 per plug. We found that the "Y" in BR9EYA means a V groove plug, which they are. Does anyone know if it is fine to run these in my machine too? What about the BR9ES? What is the "C" IN BR9ECS? Any help would be great! Thank you.

Here is some spark info http://Scooter Help - Spark Plugs

Last edited:
Top Bottom