Stupid Question !!!

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, where do all you guys/gals mount the ugly license plate on your sleds.
On my old sled did it on the rear snowflap.
My new cat, I really don't want to drill holes in it.
In the spring I just carried it under the seat.

Oh yeah I have to mount trail pass sticker too.

SD

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I fold my license plate in half and put it in my backpack or tool kit. For the longest time I thought it was illegal doing this but I have been asked to produce it twice now and both times there was no questions from the officer when i took it out of my backpack and unfolded it for him.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is a great question. I've had the same dilemma over the last many years. I stuff my plate in the back of the seat. I was pulled over last year and the county cop had no problem with the plate being stored as opposed to mounted on the sled.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think there is any obligation for the plate to visible like there is on motor vehicles...anyways I keep my plates tucked in the seat...and in BC I think there is no requirment for your sled to be registered...

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plate is attached to the shovel under the hood of my rev. Open the hood and it's staring at ya. I also carry an avy shovel in my pack.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think there is any obligation for the plate to visible like there is on motor vehicles...anyways I keep my plates tucked in the seat...and in BC I think there is no requirment for your sled to be registered...

Can someone confirm no registration needed in BC????

bcboy

Reaction score
i don't have regisration on my old sleds never got hassled but after a few close calls on the trails head ons and decsided to regi it and insured it.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know if you can hide your plate in sask? a friend of mine in melfort just mounted his to his belly pan under his hood with a skid plate bolt a long time ago, but i guess you just need to be pulled over once and hope you get a warning. I think mines going in my under seat bag

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is also in the trunk of my sled pink cards in zippered pouch seems to work ok!:d

M7Plus

Reaction score
keep mine in the trunk and regi in zip-lok bag between foam and vinyl of seat, works good till the seat comes off as it rolls down the hill, almost lost the plate once.

Jake

Reaction score
Got stopped at Ministic last year with the plate in the trunk. Apparently this isn't legal, got the speech, used a couple of SS zip ties to attach it to my gas rack. No ticket, other sled had the plate bolted on in the foot well area barely visible, he had no problem with that. Just has to be affixed to the machine. The other mouth piece in the parking lot got a fine for the same thing, gotta know when to shut up.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your seat to an upholstery guy/girl and get them to sew on a piece of plastic on the flap of ur trunk.... with a strip of velcro on top.... thats where mine is... just slides in never comes out... the plastic i used is slightly tinted so it blends in pretty good. never had any problems with it. and believe it or not it looks decent for having a liscence plate on the rear of ur seat... better than bolted onto the side of ur tunnel if you ask me...

Top Bottom