stolen truck and 4 place trailer

xp24

Reaction score
losers at it again in revelstoke stolen truck and enclosed trailer. stolen from the best western. just never ends people work hard for there money then some low life loser steals it.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong - didn't this just happen a month or so in Revy @ the Best Western, Dodge Dually and a pair of Cats, maybe it was Sicamous - Not sure ?
None the less, happening way too much. I think it's time us Sledders start pressuring these high priced Hotels/Motels to ensure they have some kind of security watch. The amount they are currently billing each and every one of us justifys them getting this into place.
When the reservation #'s drop, they will make it happen I'm sure.

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That best western in revi would be easy to put gates up on either side, no way out from back. I hope they catch them f&?%?%

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with Revy is there are not enough motels for all the peeps be it sledders or skiers to boycott a motel for lack of security. We have had good luck with the Days Inn but heard last trip that there was a couple attempted thefts there recently. When you guys phone the Best Western for a room. Ask them what kinda security they have. If they reply none tell them your not interested in staying at there hotel. If enough peeps do this they will eventually get the idea. Besides why would anyone want to stay there anyways? Denny's is a joke for breakfast as they have no staff and it takes over an hour to get fed there. Revy needs the infrastructure that Golden has.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should contact the RCMP and have them start a baitcar (truck and sleds) operation. Insurance companies have been known to help sponsor these programs considering the value of the items taken.

Other thoughts... perhaps placing a GPS tracker in your vehicles. I've heard of a guy finding his stolen truck because by luck he left his SPOT tracker on inside it overnight. Even a club on the steering wheel could be a good deterrent. I like the idea of leaving a pitbull in the truck overnight but I'm sure the rat trying to steal your truck would find a way to sue your ass after his skull got chewed.

We have to be proactive. Don't rely on hotel security. The Joe Schmuck they hire for $10/hr to watch your truck will probably the guy calling his buddies to tell them where the most expensive rigs are parked. He'll probably be riding your sled the day after you go home as well.

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong - didn't this just happen a month or so in Revy @ the Best Western, Dodge Dually and a pair of Cats, maybe it was Sicamous - Not sure ?
None the less, happening way too much. I think it's time us Sledders start pressuring these high priced Hotels/Motels to ensure they have some kind of security watch. The amount they are currently billing each and every one of us justifys them getting this into place.
When the reservation #'s drop, they will make it happen I'm sure.

Feb 15 Sicamous best western

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe I've questioned the best western in revy on security before. As the security of my toys is of highest priority, i like staying in secured lots whenever possible. They have video cameras and an on-site security person who monitors the lot (?somtimes?). During the holidays we stayed there and I was impressed as one night we left the trailer locked up in the lot and took the truck for dinner. Came back late and as we were backing in and hooking up, the security truck pulled up and he questioned us about it, verified staying at hotel, took license plates room numbers names etc. But perhaps that was only on during the holidays.

Sorry to hear about the loss of equipment!! def needs to stop. Gates on the back of the lot is a great idea. Valemount best western does it why cant they

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of truck? What did you do for your own security? Reason why I'm asking is so we know what works and what doesn't. Sorry for your loss and hope they catch the bastards.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sucks to hear!! i know the feeling...not as bad as you...but had my sled stolen a few years back. good luck!!! effin thieves!!

han solo

Reaction score
I was in Revy this past weekend & part of the week. Stayed @ the Sandman, which is right beside the Best Western. They claim they have security. I was out @ 530am to check stuff out, there was a light skiff of snow. There was no foot prints around the hotel. I never once seen the guard that the front desk claimed was around. I had to give license plates of truck & trailer, likely so they could know what to steal. I went to some great lengths to stop my stuff from being stolen. Chains thru trailer & truck rims, chains thru the hitch. Then have hidden switch for power to the starter. Valve to stop fuel flow to the engine. Then my programmer has a valvet mode, less than stock power. If they find all the things I have done, they wont have the programer as its in the room with me. Cops in Revy seem more worried about drunk drivers. Our group is friends with President of Revy Snowmoblie group & her better half is in S&R. 2 people that put way to many hrs into making sure where able to sled there. We went for supper with them in there trucks. Cops treated them like crap, & they didnt even have nothing to drink. Its a prett easy town to watch, hiway 1 or hiway 23. On the weekend, hiway was pretty much closed. So the cops spent there time checking break aways on sled trailers. The cops warned us that sat morning while we were eating breakfast in Denny's. Which is fine, but how about lets stop some theft Revy cops!

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should contact the RCMP and have them start a baitcar (truck and sleds) operation. Insurance companies have been known to help sponsor these programs considering the value of the items taken.

Other thoughts... perhaps placing a GPS tracker in your vehicles. I've heard of a guy finding his stolen truck because by luck he left his SPOT tracker on inside it overnight. Even a club on the steering wheel could be a good deterrent. I like the idea of leaving a pitbull in the truck overnight but I'm sure the rat trying to steal your truck would find a way to sue your ass after his skull got chewed.

We have to be proactive. Don't rely on hotel security. The Joe Schmuck they hire for $10/hr to watch your truck will probably the guy calling his buddies to tell them where the most expensive rigs are parked. He'll probably be riding your sled the day after you go home as well.

what dog never seen that dog before must of been a stray

han solo

Reaction score
So any news of the stolen truck/trailer/sleds? Any pics of missing stuff? I asked friend of mine that lives in Revy, best western claims they werent told about this.

Top Bottom