Starlink

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a email from them today, pricy, and a 15 min time limit to order, and 129 a month

We were paying 80 dollars for 1/10th the speed. Also cancelled satellite tv. Don’t need it now.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I placed an order last week, got an email saying it was shipped yesterday.

Have Explornet and Telus hub, both are brutal. Average 3mbps and paying $250/month so With the savings each month the system cost will be covered in 6 months

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I Placed the beacon on my house and then is says Better than Nothing Beta, Hardware CA $649 Shipping CA$ 65, wants me to type other stuff in name, address, etc . That's a bit to get started but already spend $250 putting a tower on my roof that gets me crummy internet. End up using my cell phone all the time as I cant get anything. I'll review the plans and then purchase.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here’s what I get now with CCI wireless

aa47e1d3e8eba995b38a5f7117ce793b.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Weird, I gave my location and confirmed it, was able to order. Tyler lives about 6.75 k south of me and it says its not available from your location.
My dad can get it too but not over here yet.....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were paying 80 dollars for 1/10th the speed. Also cancelled satellite tv. Don’t need it now.

How are you finding the streaming TV for variety? Can you get the local news etc in real time?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you finding the streaming TV for variety? Can you get the local news etc in real time?

We have Amazon prime, Apple TV, and Netflix but also looking at youtubeTV(85 channels and sports). I forgot that local news was on Amazon prime.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by no explanation?
My email would not break it down the 129 monthly fee which is 50 more than we are paying now, the concerning part is there will be unplanned outages for extended times. Unless I am missing something.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My email would not break it down the 129 monthly fee which is 50 more than we are paying now, the concerning part is there will be unplanned outages for extended times. Unless I am missing something.

Ohhh I see. Yes outages are a possibility. I’ve been tracking downtime and it’s common to have 4-8min per day of downtime. Worst I’ve seen is 20minutes. Reliability is still better than our previous set up. What is the download and upload speed of what you currently have? Just run a test on www.fast.com if you’re not sure.

Top Bottom