Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have always been a TH coffee drinker and I really enjoyed my 2 or 3 cups of coffee a week. I like a large with 2 cream and one sweetener for those that want to buy me a coffee:cool:. Yesterday morning I thought I would broaden my horizons, walk on the wild side, branch out etc etc because you know yolo and all that stuff!!!! So....while I was in Safeway I grab a medium roast Starbucks coffee and at first I wasn't sure what to think because let me tell you this wasn't a TH coffee!!!! I put the coffee creamer in it and a sweetener. Soon though my taste buds began to sing and I really enjoyed this wonderful new taste sensation and I decided Starbucks was my new go to coffee spot. This morning after dropping the kids off at school I went to Target and after I was done my shopping (I had to get cleaning supplies, I know I lead such a glamorous life) I grabbed another medium roast coffee but holy hell this one tasted nothing like the one yesterday and I am left terribly disappointed and sad I didn't go across the street to TH. The one thing I can say about TH is that each and every cup of coffee tastes the same no matter location it is consistent time and time again. I thought SB would be the same but my experience wasn't. So my question is which place do you prefer TH or SB? And why the hell doesn't my enter button work so I can use paragraphs?????????? It works on all other sites except this one! Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Starbucks vs Tim Hortons

I prefer gas station coffee....4 or 5 hrs old is best. But occasionally I pretend I'm in an upper tax bracket and spend 3 or 4 or 5 bucks or whatever on Tim's or Starbucks. Starbucks has always hit me as bitter...like Mac's coffee....blech. 7-11, Micky D's and Tims all taste good to me. (not as good as 5 hr gas station coffee though)

(You should take out all the punctuation and capitals too, Jan...makes it waaaay more fun to read! Hahaha)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i have always been a th coffee drinker and i really enjoyed my 2 or 3 cups of coffee a week. I like a large with 2 cream and one sweetener for those that want to buy me a coffee:cool:. Yesterday morning i thought i would broaden my horizons, walk on the wild side, branch out etc etc because you know yolo and all that stuff!!!! So....while i was in safeway i grab a medium roast starbucks coffee and at first i wasn't sure what to think because let me tell you this wasn't a th coffee!!!! I put the coffee creamer in it and a sweetener. Soon though my taste buds began to sing and i really enjoyed this wonderful new taste sensation and i decided starbucks was my new go to coffee spot. This morning after dropping the kids off at school i went to target and after i was done my shopping (i had to get cleaning supplies, i know i lead such a glamorous life) i grabbed another medium roast coffee but holy hell this one tasted nothing like the one yesterday and i am left terribly disappointed and sad i didn't go across the street to th. The one thing i can say about th is that each and every cup of coffee tastes the same no matter location it is consistent time and time again. I thought sb would be the same but my experience wasn't. So my question is which place do you prefer th or sb? And why the hell doesn't my enter button work so i can use paragraphs?????????? It works on all other sites except this one! Jan

my enter button doesn't work either.... Was to do with the latest/greatest site upgrade..... Apparently it can be fixed the in computer somehow, just don't know how ;) ...... In the mean time, you can hit the a/a button on the very left side of the menu, and that will let you use paragraphs..... I also added a poll, because i was quite interested as well

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Woohooo I found the a/a button!!!!

Now I can make paragraphs again!!!!

My life just became less complicated.

Except it didn't because I don't know which way to vote because I was a die hard TH fan until I tried SB yesterday. But then I tried SB today and it sucked so is SB really inconsistent like that or was that a fluke?

OMG Dave no punctuation or capitals would make me mental!!!!!!

Jan

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't ever say yolo ever again. Promise me.

Seriously though....I like TH...just something about the creamer that seems addicting in the way chinese food is. Even though I rarely have it. It's 300k round trip!

Starbucks prices are crazy for anything but drip coffee. My wife likes SB but I usually give her the gears about it.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Don't ever say yolo ever again. Promise me.

Seriously though....I like TH...just something about the creamer that seems addicting in the way chinese food is. Even though I rarely have it. It's 300k round trip!

Starbucks prices are crazy for anything but drip coffee. My wife likes SB but I usually give her the gears about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOLO!!!!! I usually don't say it only when my 18 year old daughter is around with her friends then I do it to drive her nuts!!!!

The creamer was something else that threw me off with the SB coffee as well I like the 2 cream and one sweetener from TH. They put it in and hand it to me I am happy as a clam with this arrangement. I don't know the measure of 2 creams, when I went to do it myself at SB and then I had 3 choices of creamers: half and half, low fat milk and coffee creamer so I didn't know what the hell to do!!!!! So after much contemplation I chose the coffee creamer because it seemed somehow familiar...it said coffee. Maybe I should have chosen the half and half maybe that would have made a difference this morning.

I think though it all boils down to the inconsistency in the taste of the coffee from location to location. I am going to give it one more shot and then decide.

The other thing that I am hopeful about with the SB is that they have them in the US and then I will know what to get when I am down there because they don't have TH down there.

Jan

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a hopeless TH addict. Every day when I was on my way to work, usually once or twice on the weekends. Now that I've been on the farm for a month and a half I'm going through withdrawals. It's the first place I hit when I get back into Red Deer haha.

I've never been a fan of the SB coffee, I find it bitter and overpriced. However, one thing I have learned, is that I better learn to enjoy something on that menu (or get better at lying) cause if I ever expect to get a girlfriend again I will need to be able to sit down and enjoy myself in a SB haha.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm liking Rotten Ronnies coffee lately, better coffee and no line up.

Between the two, TH, the entire Starbucks thing makes me feel like a yuppie for some reason. I like to go where plaid jacket and camo hat isn't out of place.

2skis

Reaction score
Out of the two I would vote Tim Hortons all the way, but I do prefer Robin's coffee over it. My Fav is Kirkland coffee from Costco.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm liking Rotten Ronnies coffee lately, better coffee and no line up.

Between the two, TH, the entire Starbucks thing makes me feel like a yuppie for some reason. I like to go where plaid jacket and camo hat isn't out of place.
I like to roll into SB looking like a redneck, it either rubs the yuppies the wrong way or maybe it will make it normal to go to SB dressed like a non-hippie one day.

As far as coffee I don't drink it often but when I do I want it black as sin and strong as steel. TH just tastes weak and pathetic like it is apologizing for even being coffee, SB actually has some stuff that'll put hair on your chest.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Oh yeah and then the other thing about SB was that they had 3, yes THREE kinds of sweetener!!!!! Are you kidding me????? Who has 3 kinds of sweetener????? As if I wasn't in enough trouble selecting between light, medium and dark roast, then picking between 3 kinds of cream, I had to choose between 3 kinds of sweetener too!!!

Seriously who has 3 kinds of sweetener........

Jan

Burns

Reaction score
Oh yeah and then the other thing about SB was that they had 3, yes THREE kinds of sweetener!!!!! Are you kidding me????? Who has 3 kinds of sweetener????? As if I wasn't in enough trouble selecting between light, medium and dark roast, then picking between 3 kinds of cream, I had to choose between 3 kinds of sweetener too!!!

Seriously who has 3 kinds of sweetener........

Jan

4 if you count the honey...

For what it's worth - I am a Starbucks guy. Like Bnorth TH is too weak and doesn't do it for me. There can be a bit of variability store to store for SB but generally quite consistent day to day at the same location if that helps.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to like TH before they became this doughnut megopoly. Something changed and I never went back. Only go if no alternate choices. Second Cup is my first choice, usually just one of the straight coffees, but as previously mentioned, sometimes there is nothing like a gas station cup of jo.

Starbucks is for posers..........:p

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starbucks is for people with low levels of testosterone. I had to break down and drink that when we went to the usa. Pay big money and those dicks cant even add the milk and sugar?

Rotten Ronnies has to give that @#$% away for a reason.

Im hooked on the cocaine laced Tim Hortons. I buy 100.00 cards at a time with my air miles visa to get the points and the 100 dollar receipt is easier to write off, which helps bring the price down and alleviates the notion to tip!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timies Timies all the way, i'm an addict. I buy it by the large cans and have it at home when i'm not in the drive through. Drinking a few cups now hahaha

Top Bottom