Southern Rockies restricting motorized Rec

CozmoCat

Reaction score
I hope everyone is aware of the movement to push the Flathead into a National Park, which the BC Wildlife Federation came out and publicly opposed. So are many others who ride responsibly in the Southern Rockies. Our access to Public lands in which we can ride are under constant attack, and I beleive that we must, more than ever stand together as Recreation Ethusiasts, and I would urge everyone out there to join an ATV Club in their area, as the more members these clubs represent, the better we are able to present a positive image to Government and others who are making decisions on land access. There is strength in numbers when it comes to lobbying Government for funding and Trails.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I hope everyone is aware of the movement to push the Flathead into a National Park, which the BC Wildlife Federation came out and publicly opposed. So are many others who ride responsibly in the Southern Rockies. Our access to Public lands in which we can ride are under constant attack, and I beleive that we must, more than ever stand together as Recreation Ethusiasts, and I would urge everyone out there to join an ATV Club in their area, as the more members these clubs represent, the better we are able to present a positive image to Government and others who are making decisions on land access. There is strength in numbers when it comes to lobbying Government for funding and Trails.

The big push for the Park comes from WildSight; an environmental organization with major American funding. The manager or offical spokes person is Casey Brennan. Interesting to note that he is also the campaign manager for the NDP candidate in the East Kootenays. Can you imagine the scenario if the NDP were elected....holy crappola!!!

Get all your BC buddies to vote for Bill Bennett as he is the one candidate that wants a balance. He doesn't want more mining in the Flathead, he doesn't want a Park, he doesn't want motorized access closed down, and he loves the back country. If quadders and snowmobilers can be environmentally responsible he will support the status quo!!

Yes, join a club! The Elkford ATV club has 350 members and it is growing. It is the only ATV club in the SE Kootenay's.

Top Bottom