Sooooo sick of paypal scammers....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had another run in with one of them today after listing my sled for sale. Ohhh man is it ever annoying, just had to tear into them...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 351

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard people complaining about this for a while. I feel kinda silly asking the question, but what's this scam all about?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People who make fake email adds and email a bunch of people who have adds on kijiji wanting to buy whatever is listed thru paypal. They have the same story every single time. "I'm paying your asking price, send me your PayPal address, I'm outta the country working no cell phone service, no I don't want to view the sled first I trust you, no I cannot call you later, I'll be offshore for a while, or I'll be in another country for a while, or I'll be at nasa space station till I'm 90 and wanna buy it as a gift for my redneck uncle or somethin" blah blah blah. Same story all the time. It's completely ruining kijiji. It's funny cuz this one texted me first, yet said there's no cell service or whatever. Stupid b1tch. Sooooo sick of those people!!!

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go along with, when the shiping company comes to pick up what you are selling send them an empty box instead. Waste their money on shipping.
Actually should put some rocks in it to make the shipping cost more for them.

Last edited:

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People who make fake email adds and email a bunch of people who have adds on kijiji wanting to buy whatever is listed thru paypal. They have the same story every single time. "I'm paying your asking price, send me your PayPal address, I'm outta the country working no cell phone service, no I don't want to view the sled first I trust you, no I cannot call you later, I'll be offshore for a while, or I'll be in another country for a while, or I'll be at nasa space station till I'm 90 and wanna buy it as a gift for my redneck uncle or somethin" blah blah blah. Same story all the time. It's completely ruining kijiji. It's funny cuz this one texted me first, yet said there's no cell service or whatever. Stupid b1tch. Sooooo sick of those people!!!
So are they able to get money from you once they have your paypal info?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know. Haven't went that far with it. Would you buy a sled for whatever asking price, no negotiating, not viewing it, not calling the seller, not even so much as sending someone else to view it for ya? I've had vehicles for sale on kijiji as well, same story just changed up a bit. One guy will say they're over in Iraq and not coming home, another will say they're just outta town visiting family, and will cover shipping charges, shipping charges to where? Down the street? Anyone else have any run ins with these guys??

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've played with some of them for weeks and had quite a bit of fun at it. Get bored with it eventually....then I just get pizzed off. People must be falling for it somewhere or it would have ended long ago.

And to answer whodeanie's question...once they have your paypal info they find a way to send you a fake notification that the moneys there, so you ship your stuff, then find out it's a scam....but your stuff is gone.

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
I haven't had one of them scams in a while but you have to send them some money with western union for some reason (shipping, customs, etc.) I don't think they ask for much maybe couple hundred bucks. They will sent you a money order which takes awhile for banks to clear at which point after day or two don't clear and they have your money. Next time I get one I'm going along with their scam and sending a nickel. Just think of the scumbags face which he picks up his 5 cents at western union. It be worth the transfer fee for western union. LOL

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know what actually happens if someone followed thru with it. The first time I got messaged by one of them I actually didn't know anything about it. Seemed fishy but I kept replying and was actually hopeful I had a buyer found, then my brother told me about the scam.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone should copy and paste her email address and email her asking to buy something from ya. Flood her email account hahaha

01Sharp

Reaction score
I've had the Kijiji paypal scammers too, its friggin annoying. Even had a guy phone me once, request my bank account #'s, request delivery of a what I was selling, then proceed to tell me he lived in a castle....after I called BS on him he never answered his phone again. I would've reported him to the cops, but the cops don't care. They are more worried about me driving 10 km over the speed limit on the way to work.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the Kijiji paypal scammers too, its friggin annoying. Even had a guy phone me once, request my bank account #'s, request delivery of a what I was selling, then proceed to tell me he lived in a castle....after I called BS on him he never answered his phone again. I would've reported him to the cops, but the cops don't care. They are more worried about me driving 10 km over the speed limit on the way to work.
Hahaha in a castle? Haven't heard that one yet...

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally had enough of their bs, so I stopped putting my phone number on any Kijiji ads I place. It's a bit of a pain having to deal with email alone, but once I feel the other guy is legit, I give out my phone number.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the paypal notification you receive that payment has been sent is legit, they use either phony bank accounts or stolen credit cards to fund the transaction. they know it takes several days before you can get your funds from paypal into your hands, when paypal realizes there are no funds to back the transaction they remove the money from your paypal account leaving you holding the bag....item is gone, paypal transfer void. very effective if you fall for it

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally had enough of their bs, so I stopped putting my phone number on any Kijiji ads I place. It's a bit of a pain having to deal with email alone, but once I feel the other guy is legit, I give out my phone number.

well i have been using your number for a while, now what will i do? lol.

buying n selling on kiji can be a real pain alright.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the paypal notification you receive that payment has been sent is legit, they use either phony bank accounts or stolen credit cards to fund the transaction. they know it takes several days before you can get your funds from paypal into your hands, when paypal realizes there are no funds to back the transaction they remove the money from your paypal account leaving you holding the bag....item is gone, paypal transfer void. very effective if you fall for it

Yeah that makes sense. Who in their right mind would send the item being sold without receiving full payment tho? I dunno, feel bad for the folks who have actually got screwed over.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense. Who in their right mind would send the item being sold without receiving full payment tho? I dunno, feel bad for the folks who have actually got screwed over.
exactly. no way I would do any kind of major transaction without looking someone straight in the eye and receiving cold hard cash. wasn't it just last summer someone in the city was burned with a phony cashier's check on the purchase of a hot rod?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife saved a guy at her work from same sort of scam. Only difference was that the P@#cks had stolen the pic of a legit add and put up a new add. He showed my wife the awesome deal he had gotten on a SxS out of the NWT. He had already instructed his bank to send the money but was lucky enough to catch them before they sent it or he would have been out 10 grand.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
They tried this one on me too for a sled. He actually sent me a Paypal notification/invoice with the total $$ plus an extra $1000.00. He said I have to send the extra $1000 somewhere first for some bull****e reason for shipping costs or something. It looked real, but when I actually went into my REAL Paypal account there was nothing. Can't remember where he wanted me to send the money--was a few years ago.

Top Bottom