Some Photos of McBride Between Xmas and New Years

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Conditions look to be about the same, some fresh snow was around. We had to dig Kyle out twice, as well as myself. I am sure JL has never screamed :nono:" quit riding it like a bitch, and you won't get stuck" .( no disrespect to the female riders intended).
The deep untouched snow wasn't hard to find. Temperatures were great. Partly cloudy at Belle. I have never seen so many RMK Pros. and Cats. Cloudy morning at Renshaw, socked in the afternoon, which is obviously why I crashed.
Gotta blame the incident on something! Somebody dropped a piston down behind the cabin at Renshaw. Still running on one, but not enough HP to get out. He said the snow was waist deep as he walked out somewhere back there.
He had hired a chopper to come in for $650, which seems reasonable. That must be for a lift to the cabin, and not the parking lot ? Anyhow the chopper could not find the sled, so it might be buried by now.
A great father son trip, which included one blown belt, smashed throttle, moderate bruising, and a destroyed ego.:( Looking forward to MM-Fernie Edition. See yah there.....................

SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS A GOODER TRIP....... :) ....... WE HAD FRESH SNOW OVERNITE, SO ABOUT 1 TO 1 1/2 FEET EVERY MORNING OF FRESH POW.... WAS INCREDIBLE. EVEN AREAS WE TRASHED 2 DAYS BEFORE WERE GOOD TO PLAY IN WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE PREVIOUS TRACKS :eek:.........SEE YA AT MM5

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new chopper in town now, I believe it is $650 where ever. Probably to the parking lot, its very cheap.

We saw him bring out a summit from an area where the sled could not climb out. Sounds like you had a good ride.

Conditions look to be about the same, some fresh snow was around. We had to dig Kyle out twice, as well as myself. I am sure JL has never screamed :nono:" quit riding it like a bitch, and you won't get stuck" .( no disrespect to the female riders intended).
The deep untouched snow wasn't hard to find. Temperatures were great. Partly cloudy at Belle. I have never seen so many RMK Pros. and Cats. Cloudy morning at Renshaw, socked in the afternoon, which is obviously why I crashed.
Gotta blame the incident on something! Somebody dropped a piston down behind the cabin at Renshaw. Still running on one, but not enough HP to get out. He said the snow was waist deep as he walked out somewhere back there.
He had hired a chopper to come in for $650, which seems reasonable. That must be for a lift to the cabin, and not the parking lot ? Anyhow the chopper could not find the sled, so it might be buried by now.
A great father son trip, which included one blown belt, smashed throttle, moderate bruising, and a destroyed ego.:( Looking forward to MM-Fernie Edition. See yah there.....................

I gotta fix the angle on my camera

Tobbogganing down belle is one good time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgX53B6b_kc

S
ome deep snow in a meadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_LkfahWE6w

M
ore deep snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9SWgmK4dTM

U
p in belle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_LkfahWE6w

Last edited:

woodym7

Reaction score
Current conditions

How is up there now thinking about renshaw tomorrow anyone have any reports

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey SBR, Ric and JHM, Kyle and myself just got back from McBride, and I pulled the same stunt stunt as Snowchuk. I folded the riser right over so they were horizontal. Kyle ran up to see if I was okay, but couldn't say anything because I got winded pretty good.
Was wearing some body armor, so chest was okay. Legs beat up and bruised. Thanks to the Turbo Yamaha rider and his clan for pulling the nose dived Summit out. He warmed up a zip tie on his turbo, and attached it to the broken throttle.
The worst part was the 30k ride out on a whooped Renshaw trail with a broken throttle set at 6500 rpm. That was a fast ride, with some engine kills to slow down around the corners. If any S & M 'er lost a blue Otter Box with some tools, I recovered one on the trail down from Renshaw. Describe the treasures inside and you can have it back! It is amazing how much crap, tie straps, and gear ejects onto a whooped trail. Got to get healed and ready for Fernie MM .

The old suicide in the creek trick!!! Bent the left half of my bars down with my ribs, sternum still a bit sore but bruising mostly gone....ready to ride.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It appears to be unanimous. When the boat anchor gets thrown out at high speed, riding into a frozen creek, the handlebars win.
We can now stop testing this theory and move onto the next................
How about .....what happens when you are side hilling, and you try to put your foot down, on the down slope side...... oh yah ... a barrel roll !
This field testing sucks ! :d Glad to here you are on the mend !

Top Bottom