Sobeys...what the he!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO, NO, NO...then they will split and shrivel...

Ball parks, concessions, almost anywhere you can buy a hotdog they are boiled as is the issue with all the weiner water...

Boiling is safe, just not as good as FIRE!!

Microwave is actually about the unsafest, because to get to bacteria killing temp the dog is obliterated into smithereens...

Microwave is nice in a pinch but need to set it exactly right or they are terrible. I will fry them over boiling.

But what about eating them raw? I like that once in a while :d

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
My daughter eats them raw all the time. I think she inherited that trait from her grandpa. I think its nasty but its the only way she will eat them.

YUCK!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The owner of the IGA here said they aren't allowed to sell them anymore because someone MAY HAVE gotten sick from eating some last year.....He's pissed off too. Nothing he can do.

So someone got sick from putting a un-clean wiener in thier mouth??? Hmmmm who would have thought!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter eats them raw all the time. I think she inherited that trait from her grandpa. I think its nasty but its the only way she will eat them.

YUCK!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I was going to make a comment on that but I figured it might be a bad idea :p

But you could of phrased that a LOT worse.

05 rm250 rocket

Reaction score
fry em up with ketchup, pinaeapple juice and bacon.........when i was a kid my mom called em creole franks...

only you posnickey could start a thread like this they still sell the bulk weiners individually wrapped in "IGA":beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the response I got from the email I sent to Sobeys (I'm kind of surprised they bothered). :

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sobeys West Consumer Response.

We greatly appreciate comments like yours to help us improve our services and offering.

With respect to your question about the removal of bulk wieners from our stores, after consultation with vendors and suppliers, Canadian food retailers have agreed to end the practice of selling bulk wieners due to issues that could arise as a result of the way the product is handled and sold in a bulk format. The safety of our customers is a priority for Sobeys we are complying with the agreement and will no longer sell wieners in the bulk format. However, we are looking for an alternative to replace this product.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
This is the response I got from the email I sent to Sobeys (I'm kind of surprised they bothered). :

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sobeys West Consumer Response.

We greatly appreciate comments like yours to help us improve our services and offering.

With respect to your question about the removal of bulk wieners from our stores, after consultation with vendors and suppliers, Canadian food retailers have agreed to end the practice of selling bulk wieners due to issues that could arise as a result of the way the product is handled and sold in a bulk format. The safety of our customers is a priority for Sobeys we are complying with the agreement and will no longer sell wieners in the bulk format. However, we are looking for an alternative to replace this product.

Nice to see they responded but confusing answer...

An alternative??? What might that be? Oranges...not gonna replace a weiner with an orange...weird response...

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only you posnickey could start a thread like this they still sell the bulk weiners individually wrapped in "IGA":beer:

the IGA in spruce has switched to Sobeys.....stony plain will be next...same owner and haes still fighting the name change

Top Bottom