so how cold does it gotta be to freeze some Gibsons

Snowguy123

Reaction score
Re: so how cold dose it gotta be to freez some gibsons

Wow... -40*c = -40*f ...... I remember seeing that up in fort mac back in the '70's almost every winter...... We used to spit and it would freeze before it hit the ground(especially if there was a wind chill). For gibs to freeze it would have to be at least -40* and probably a windchill as well..... That would be sweet nectar to the taste buds, or a little piece of heaven....................... Hmmmmmm crown or gibs.......;)

The Gibsons is not subject to wind chill!!! Only moisture bearing entities subject to evaporation. The Gibsons probably froze due to the back wash that diluted the ethanol content and thus reduced the freezing point.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mmmmmmmmm Gibsons,,nectar of the gods! I have seen a bottle of Bacardi white frozen . It was -40 that night :eek:

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One cool thing... Once you empty the bottle and it is still very cold keep rubbing it around in your hands for a bit. (the bottle that is!) You will get about one left over ounce out of it. Trust me. Don't know where it comes from but we've done it with rum, rye, and some hard liquor I can't recall.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

Gibsons Rare availbale in Bonnyville don't know why you can't find it in Red Deer? hope its not discontinued and Bonnyville is the last place on earth you can buy it. Did I say Bonnyville ? I meant Medicine Hat I better get that last bottle before it's too late.

No seriously for whiskey to freeze it has to get pretty damn cold. I wouldn't want to drink it when its that cold. Being a connoisseur of fine whiskeys, I prefer mine straight up with 2 cubes of ice thankyou

Gibsons Rare is difficult to find because it is RARE.

Here are some facts I found on the net regarding the freezing points of booze.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Question: Will Liquor Freeze?

Answer:

It is one of the most common questions and debates about alcoholic beverages... Does liquor freeze? Yes it does, but the freezing point is far below that of water. Exactly what that freezing point is depends on the proof of the liquor.

Water freezes at 0°C (32°F) and the freezing point of ethanol alcohol is -114°C (-173.2°F). Alcoholic beverages are a mixture of both alcohol and water (with sugars and other additives in some distilled spirits) so the freezing point of all of you alcoholic beverages is somewhere in between. The exact freezing point of vodka, gin, tequila, rum, whiskey and the myriad of liqueurs is dependent on its proof, or alcohol per volume. The lower the proof, the warmer the freezing point: the higher the proof, the colder the freezing point.

For example:

24 proof liquor freezes at -6.7°C (20°F)
64 proof liquor freezes at -23.33°C (-10°F)
84 proof liquor freezes at -34.44°C (-30°F)
These freezing points are much colder than the average home freezer will reach, so chilling a bottle in the freezer should not freeze the liquor inside. However, your freezer could get cold enough to freeze low proof liqueurs, beer and malt beverages. These low proof beverages will get slushy, and eventually freeze, if left in the freezer for too long and can explode leaving a big, frozen mess if it gets too cold.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Always keep the Gibson's in the freezer! Pours like syrup, and keeps the ice cubes longer! Tip glass and enjoy!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just so you guys that can't find it don't feel bad....i got 3 of these baby's!!!:d
Will share in Blue this weekend !

Attachments

• 01140900041.jpg
    01140900041.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 28

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

just so you guys that can't find it don't feel bad....i got 3 of these baby's!!!:d
will share in blue this weekend !

you is the man markoo..... Ya baby. I'll bring the true blue mexican tequila, direct from tequila, mexico..... Gonna be a gooder!!!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you is the man markoo..... Ya baby. I'll bring the true blue mexican tequila, direct from tequila, mexico..... Gonna be a gooder!!!

Buddy im in.....lol....
I got a bottle of high octane from thailand with a baby cobra in it!!!
Stuff will curl your hair !!!!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Please post a picture of that bottle. Should be interesting.

here it is ...says....real speacialty of vietnam- SNAKE WINE
usage : rheumatism , lumbago, sweat of limbs.
This crap is NOT wine.!! lol
you just no that anything thats pickled is nasty...and it is.

Attachments

• 01140911471.jpg
    01140911471.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 01140911481.jpg
    01140911481.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 29

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gibsons Rare availbale in Bonnyville don't know why you can't find it in Red Deer? hope its not discontinued and Bonnyville is the last place on earth you can buy it. Did I say Bonnyville ? I meant Medicine Hat I better get that last bottle before it's too late.

No seriously for whiskey to freeze it has to get pretty damn cold. I wouldn't want to drink it when its that cold. Being a connoisseur of fine whiskeys, I prefer mine straight up with 2 cubes of ice thankyou

On my way through Drayton Valley stopped at the local Liquor store and picked up a 26. Had 4 on the shelf. Yummy :d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gibsons Rare is difficult to find because it is RARE.

Here are some facts I found on the net regarding the freezing points of booze.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Question: Will Liquor Freeze?

Answer:

It is one of the most common questions and debates about alcoholic beverages... Does liquor freeze? Yes it does, but the freezing point is far below that of water. Exactly what that freezing point is depends on the proof of the liquor.

Water freezes at 0°C (32°F) and the freezing point of ethanol alcohol is -114°C (-173.2°F). Alcoholic beverages are a mixture of both alcohol and water (with sugars and other additives in some distilled spirits) so the freezing point of all of you alcoholic beverages is somewhere in between. The exact freezing point of vodka, gin, tequila, rum, whiskey and the myriad of liqueurs is dependent on its proof, or alcohol per volume. The lower the proof, the warmer the freezing point: the higher the proof, the colder the freezing point.

For example:

24 proof liquor freezes at -6.7°C (20°F)
64 proof liquor freezes at -23.33°C (-10°F)
84 proof liquor freezes at -34.44°C (-30°F)
These freezing points are much colder than the average home freezer will reach, so chilling a bottle in the freezer should not freeze the liquor inside. However, your freezer could get cold enough to freeze low proof liqueurs, beer and malt beverages. These low proof beverages will get slushy, and eventually freeze, if left in the freezer for too long and can explode leaving a big, frozen mess if it gets too cold.
Not as rare as rocking horse ch!t.Hey trailcruiser you spend way too much time on the net. Pour yourself a nice glass if Rare and drop two ice cubes in it and sit back and enjoy. Ardypol get that Gibbies out of the freezer, it bruises the flavor. I do have to aggree with you on the straight up part.:beer::beer::beer:

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not as rare as rocking horse ch!t.Hey trailcruiser you spend way too much time on the net. Pour yourself a nice glass if Rare and drop two ice cubes in it and sit back and enjoy. Ardypol get that Gibbies out of the freezer, it bruises the flavor. I do have to aggree with you on the straight up part.:beer::beer::beer:

I have to agree with you on the freezer thing, but I like mine ice cold! I like to pour a good sized glass of it, and can't stand it when the ice cubes melt before the glass is empty. Too much water in Gibbies isn't great either! A little spot of water is ok though. Cheers!

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yea true to much water sucks in gibbes, and has to be lots of ice and yea that rare is some of the best.:d:beer:

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yea true to much water sucks in gibbes, and has to be lots of ice and yea that rare is some of the best.:d:beer:

Agreed. Getting way off topic, but anyone every tried Tangle Ridge???

Top Bottom