so guys the question is pro ride or m8

woodym7

Reaction score
Warranty doesn't help much when your 50k from the truck in a back bowl, that being said I'm sure Polaris bent over backwards to ensure this motor doesn't have the problems of the past. I guess you gotta follow your heart on this one. Let us know which you decide on.

Well I have decided and I am going to pick up my new 2010 m8 sno pro in a couple of weeks, i almost caved but after going to Hunters Range last year and witnessing 6-7 polaris' getting towed out, watchin my buddies assault blow up second ride 15 minutes from the truck up in Mcbride....I just cant talk myslef into it............in some ways wish I could but unlike Burandt I have to pay for my sledz...in saying that i hope all of you that bought the new pro rides have a great year and that your sledz perform flawlessly........good luck boys

youngblood88

Reaction score
Throw on a PC 5 on it, change the helix and you will have the lightest, best handling, best power to weight ratio sled out there! There won't be anything else out there that will be close. And for the reliability issue of the 800 the PC 5 solved those problems last year with not a lot of work and few hundred dollars. So buy your M8 but remember you are dealing with old tech in the chassis, I had one and I liked it a lot but the IQ was so much more fun to ride. I have 2 Pro-rides on order a 800 switch for the boss and a 800 assault for me and I can't wait for winter to come! Just my $0.02 I know I will get some flak but I was all Cat before.

just gotta ask is PC 5 the power comander?

akholland

Reaction score
My 08 M1000 Sno Pro with a mesh hood (-40lb) and speedwerks pipe system (-15lb) at 192 hp with a PCV Box will smoke any naturally aspirated 800 out there. No replacement for displacement holds true here hands down. Go big and put your buddies to shame. Polaris does not make a 1000. Their 900 was a crank snapping failure. I switched to cat after my dragon 800 and although I did like the dragon for playing in the trees, you cant beat the feel of a wheelie stand on a 162 everywhere you point it.

H2O

Reaction score
I put a whoopin on a lot of M1000 with my 900 and my crank has not snapped (yet)

Anyone can add power and a track to get the highmark.

Now to have the lightest stock sled with best chassis technology, that turns on a dime, and slices through the trees, and sidehills like a dream.... Now thats a PRO!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 M1000 Sno Pro with a mesh hood (-40lb) and speedwerks pipe system (-15lb) at 192 hp with a PCV Box will smoke any naturally aspirated 800 out there.

No Chit!

Compare Apples to Apples you primate.

The new Pro looks like a Polaris REV imo. I'd go with the M8.

Reaction score
I love this site, the bantering makes me howl. You MoFo's are a great bunch of guys. Can't wait to queeze the throttle this year, hopefully I will have an opertunity to ride with some of you.
Cheers

SSABMUD

Reaction score
Go buy the video Schooled again and watch the cat try to keep up with the RMK. If the CFI 2 engine lives, it will be awesome.

woodym7

Reaction score
U know what you guys might be right and ill give ya that, the pro ride looks awesome and heres hoping its not like the last couple of years...caus eno matter how good it look sthey all suck with a tow rope attached. Anyways cant wait to see the new poo up in the mountains and ill let ya know first hand if it can take the 2010 m8 or not since ill be tryin to race everyone.....heres to a great riding season :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

SSABMUD

Reaction score
I hear ya about being on the rope. After blowing up my 880 last year I sold it on the spot and did not wait around for the helicopter. Hopefully the RMK is good to me, but then again, I am my own worst enemy.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 M1000 Sno Pro with a mesh hood (-40lb) and speedwerks pipe system (-15lb) at 192 hp with a PCV Box will smoke any naturally aspirated 800 out there. Their 900 was a crank snapping failure.

I haven't broke a crank on my '06 900 RMK. It's been a great sled. I highly doubt you dropped 40 lbs with the mesh hood unless Cat is making their stock hoods out of steel. I run a Diamond S mesh hood on my 9 and it was good for about 8 lbs of weight loss.

But back to the topic, I personally am looking forward to riding a Pro this year and if I likey, buy one for next season. If for whatever reason, I don't care for it, I'll go with an M8 next year. I rode my buddy's '09 M8 Turbo last season and it was a blast. Of course, it has tons of power, but the chassis is very flickable as well. Fun ride.

Top Bottom