Snowmobiler death may 5th, 2013

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the grieving family of the snowmobiler who lost his life yesterday.

By 250 News
Monday, May 06, 2013 04:52 PM

Tumbler Ridge, B.C. – RCMP and the Coroners Service are investigating a fatal snowmobile incident.

About 6 six snowmobilers from Alberta were in a popular snowmobiling area about 70 kilometers southeast of Tumbler Ridge around 5:40 yesterday when the incident happened.

One of the riders, a 49 year old male out of Valhalla, Alberta, went up a mountain face for his final of multiple runs then appeared to lose control of his machine and ended up falling off a cliff.

One of the members of the party managed to contact a friend via satellite phone. The friend in turn called upon S.T.A.R.S. (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society) for a helicopter rescue.

S.T.A.R.S. crew determined the male to be deceased and provided air transport to Grande Prairie's Queen Elizabeth II Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated above, details are limited. Yesterday, a 49 year old fell to his death, climbing an avalanche shoot in the red deer falls snowmobile area. Stars was called. I had a friend that was in the area with another group. Conditions were good, so I'm not sure what happened. If you search it online there is a bit more available. This area is close to tumbler ridge b.c.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep very sad He was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.You will be missed Buddy.R.I.P

Top Bottom