Snow mobile Camera Mounts

Maclintock

Reaction score
I have a Contour HD camera and was wondering if anyone knows where to get a mount for your sled ( Seen them mounted on the front). I have seen them in Videos, but do not know if they were fabricated or purchased?????????

Anyone?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one you saw on Cam Hick's and Cory Micku's sleds in the new movie FollowCam was built by Cam Hicks. I think it only fell off and got run over once! :d

Most of the commercially available ones are fairly short, but they're available for the Contour at:

among other places.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
built my own, telescoping aluminum frame that mounts to wherever youd want, built one for the a-arm, rear bumper, front bumper etc. same cam.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pictures

okay heres the one that i built for my sled, bolts to the front bumper (no holes drilled in the host machine) has in this case 3 adjustable heights with a pin to lock it in place and i took the "goggle mount" that the camera came with, drilled 2 little holes in it to mount to the plate that is welded to the top of the post..... it doesnt weigh hardly anything and will fit in a backpack when collapsed.

Attachments

• IMG_4664.jpg
    IMG_4664.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4665.jpg
    IMG_4665.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_4661.jpg
    IMG_4661.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4663.jpg
    IMG_4663.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 191

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: pictures

i built one that instead of the goggle mount bolted to the top, it had a aluminum pipe welded horizontally so that the camera would use/need a "handlebar" mount. this made it universal, so that more then one cam could be used easily. but i dont have any pics of it

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if anyone else has purchased or built one id like to see it, curious to see other designs etc....

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

okay heres the one that i built for my sled, bolts to the front bumper (no holes drilled in the host machine) has in this case 3 adjustable heights with a pin to lock it in place and i took the "goggle mount" that the camera came with, drilled 2 little holes in it to mount to the plate that is welded to the top of the post..... it doesnt weigh hardly anything and will fit in a backpack when collapsed.

Looks sweet but,if you ever take a tumble coming down a hill it would be big trouble for your machine and yourself .

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. I've got some ideas for mounting mine. I'll post pics if I ever get to it.

A couple of ideas that may make adjusting and clamping easier.
You could use a snap safety pin for the upright and a quick adjust bolt like on a bike seat post. You might not get the grip you want with the pin though.

Attachments

• snap gd-asset_7488489.jpg
    snap gd-asset_7488489.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Snap-Lock-Pin.jpg
    Snap-Lock-Pin.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 146

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the two tubings slide together fairly tight, i made it that way so you wouldnt need a bolt to squeeze it together....the bolts that are in it in the pic are just a temporary thing cause i didnt have any of those ^ around right then, but yeah using those is my plan. and IMO if i take a tumble it doesnt matter what mount you have on the front that camera is in trouble, as for the sled im not to worried about it causing serious damage, maybe some cosmetics but thats prob going to happen anyway. and me ? well im not worried about me.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the mount i switched too. mounts with duel lock tape, there is no falling off for this , they also make a mount for the ram mount , so you could easly make it fit the bumper or hood, i have had this going for a year now, never had a problem, just hard to put on and off. i normaly leave it on my helmet and just plug in to the computer to download or charge it. no vibration with this one. anyone else usingit

giddyup

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my only issue with that mount is that i like the camera up higher like where the mount i built has it sit..... tho it looks like really well built, sturdy mount.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mount video

got my sled all back together, took it for a rip up and down the field a few times. got to test out the 174 track and the helmet camera mount i built for the front bumper, im thinking it may need a stiffening bar tho......but seeing as how im not in the mountains rippin around in 3 feet of powder i may just wait and see how it works then, there were def a few bumps in that field :d

i cant seem to get the video to upload here so i posted it on youtube.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaK_iGXKa8c[/media]

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: mount video

I saw this one at Point of View Cameras. I was thinking of mounting my camera on my wakeboard, but it would probably work pretty good on a sled. It looks like it would give a pretty good angle, and if you had to roll out of a stuck, it seems low profile enough where it might survive okay.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: mount video

yeah it looks like it might work, how does it stick with an adhesive ??? again though i think it is to low, at least for the angle im looking for, would work pretty good tho on the back of the tunnel.

Top Bottom