snow bike

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 503 Snowhawk a few years ago. Fun, but not ideal for a guy who smoked a pack a day and ate at McDonalds on a regular basis. They're a young man's wagon.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
i rode the 2moto snow kit on a ktm big bore and a yamaha wr450, i never got to do any big hill climbs but they were fun. Timbersled has a kit out that's suppose to be way better, i might be ablt to try them out this season, if i do i can let u know how it goes if you want :d

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the moto kit for a whole day and it was really fun, they had it on a Husaberg 650, yz 450, wr 450 and a crf 450 x, it's not quite a sled though...in some conditions it's better, but others its not, if you have a spare 450 lying around and a few thousand bucks why not...
I also spoke to a customer of my who ownes a 2 moto kit and just got the timbersled kit and says the timbersled kit is way better,he runs it on a Husaberg 650...the same guy also has a summit xp.....

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info. I kinda figured the timbersled kit was better, it deff looks better anyway.

dirtbag

Reaction score
I have a 800 snowhawk and it is a incredible machine,like was said it takes more energy to ride .but if you like it it is a ride like nothing ealse and can take you where a normal sled cant go.a bike kit would be cool if they never made a snowhawk,look for a used 600 hawk,for 4-5000 no bike will ever have 115hp and the jumping characteristics of a hawk..

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would anyone take one up to the mountains? Would they hang with a new 800 sled in the steep and deep?

Roger KTM

Reaction score
I have the timbersled mountain horse on a ktm 530, I ride with my buds that are riding Mountain max 700 with 151-156 tracks and I go any where they can and then some. I also have the 2moto kit aswell and this one works way better. Handling the bikes on trail is a hand full with the stock ski. I have been working on a ski for three years now and got it working pretty good. The snowhawk ski works alot better to. I got a couple helmet cam vids on you tube under (Timbersled mountain horse) look for the uploader name (roger ktm)

Top Bottom