Snow and Mud 1 Time usage fee

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
donation buttons, more expense to a site that already is over taxed, not only the money end of it but the time it takes to manage a donation button. there is a charge to handle these transations and the accounting sucks. Just send your money to who ever you want.

Its called business there bbtoys.....lmao,,,,

after all the avi activity in the last 3 weeks the ease of donating here may help the cause....... and I think it would also look good to the media so next time there is a tragedy and they look here again and see that we as a local community are trying to better our sport,,,

just a thought

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
donations are called donations for a reason, fees are another thing altogether. feel free to donate all you want, and anytime, it's all voluntary. fees you can shove were the sun don't shine. seniorjeem your idea is bad and i don't like it. if you want people to donate to your worthy cause, maybe list your donations to date, not only what you put in today, to make it look good, so how much?
yes the cac is worthy and is needed, but i am not the only user, i think i may donate as i can see the need, that is voluntary, you set a fee good luck getting my money. donation buttons what a joke, maybe you will get some cash, maybe not, put up the address where to send money may also work, very little expense or effort involved, talk is cheap ask any volunteer, = no thanks, overworked, bitched at, and you receive all kinds of verbal help or how to's.

have you volunteered today?

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About as much credit as you gave them when you said they were acting like a bunch of 10 year olds.

Charging the good people to get rid of the bad ones doesn't make much sense to me.

Worked for Snowest......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek: I thought that title would get some response!!

I woould like to propose that S&M with their huge membership, impose a 1 time fee of $10 for continued, or new access, and donate those funds to the Canadian Avalanche Center. Go ahead and let the bashing begin!!:cool:

BOO! bad idea, bad thought process, BAD BAD BAD

Three Amigos

Reaction score
Personally.....I think that's a great idea.

The first thing that came to mind was why weren't they already charging a yearly user fee to access their most recent info. A small user fee would be a pittance compare to the rest of the money most sledders have already laid out. I know...I know....I can just hear it now but hey we all pay trail passes each time we ride and if this put them back in the black....I don't see it as a biggie.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally.....I think that's a great idea.

The first thing that came to mind was why weren't they already charging a yearly user fee to access their most recent info. A small user fee would be a pittance compare to the rest of the money most sledders have already laid out. I know...I know....I can just hear it now but hey we all pay trail passes each time we ride and if this put them back in the black....I don't see it as a biggie.

check out snowest if you need more info.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
Ummmm, I don't live or ride in Canada. I am probably a minority in that respect but I prefer to send my money to the CAIC (Colorado Avalanch Information Center);)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better remember not all members are sledders and still more that do sled but do not expose themselves to the risk of avys.

This the the most narrow minded, selfish thread ever started on this site.

Money is not the problem. Lots of clubs with lots of money and no one willing to put in the time to get r done. Volunteers are a much bigger problem.

If you really want to make a difference, get of your butt and volunteer your time for 1 day per year.

How i do agree with you on volunteering, the narrow minded and selfish is uncalled for. Someone trying to help someone else is very far from that statement!!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This site will Never charge our members, but I can add a button on the Left side that will link to the CAC for donations. Just say your a member of Snowandmud. I will contact John Kelly from the CAC and see what he can do to make this work. The donation button would be a direct link to the CAC for donations and Snowandmud would not be involved.

by the numbers that said thanks, could we try this?
would we be able to use paypal to make the donation?
I know that I will make a donation

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK guy's Ron said he can work on getting us a direct link to the CAC if you to donate money to the cause, by being linked over to the CAC it wont create any additional / major headaches / additional work for S&M.....

So now its a question of NUT UP OR SHUT UP, the rest is in your hands......

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK guy's Ron said he can work on getting us a direct link to the CAC if you to donate money to the cause, by being linked over to the CAC it wont create any additional / major headaches / additional work for S&M.....

So now its a question of NUT UP OR SHUT UP, the rest is in your hands......

Just Sayin.......

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
So you guys wanting to donate are all on the internet right? Why not just go directly to CAC and make a donation? Why does it have to involve S&M at all? Why does it even have to be discused here? OHHH thats right, donation recognition status...how rediculous. Just do what you feel you need/want to do and leave it at that. No need to advertise your donations.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At under $1 million, the CAC has a pitifully small budget for an outfit with the invaluable purpose of savings lives.

A total of $800,000 is spent by the avalanche centre every year, with $175,000 coming from the federal government, $150K from the province of B.C. and $100,000 from Alberta.

That’s $425,000: The rest is scraped together through charitable and corporate sponsorship.

The snowmobile industry, which reaps the lion’s share of benefit, contributes a paltry $10,000 a year, split between Bombardier and Yamaha.

Sledders themselves, through private donations, give about $2,000 — a shameful number, given that a single, clapped-out snowmobile costs more.

The purpose of my original post wasn't to smoke out the cheap screws on the site, or to solicit the members who have axes to grind about who volunteers, and who doesn't and who thinks that they recieved too little recognition for their past obvious great deeds. It was to highlite the message above, and how the publics overall perception that as a collective group, we couldn't give 2 $hit$ about the CAC and the good work that they do. Each individual donating on their own (even if they would do it) doesn't have the same impact as a mass donation presented from a group that could come together and show that they do care, and are not the loudmouthed rednecks characterised in the newspaper cartoons that surfaced after the incident at Turbo. Perhaps you are right, carry on as if nothing happened. Whats the worst thing that could happen anyways.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing against the cac, they definatley have their place but I am sure the government can keep funding them or jack up the amount they are giving. They do not need our donations!Look at all the tax money of ours that gets put to ridiculous things such as paying old age pension to murderers in jail.NICE!Also the government should start footing the bill for search and rescue.....pay the hell outta them boys!Also if you ask me the government should fund each and everyone who rides in the mountains an avalanche course or make the course full refundable at tax time.Our tax money goes to alot of ridiculous things but hows about helping our own boys and girls for a change!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine how much money our (the peoples) government could provide in support if they used our tax money that's being thrown away on the gun registry :eek:..........? In all the years that program has been srewdging us I haven't heard of a crook waiting for their gun to be registered before they go out and stick up a bank or rob a store..... Just sayin, a billion dollars could do a lot of good where it's really needed.

Nothing against the cac, they definatley have their place but I am sure the government can keep funding them or jack up the amount they are giving. They do not need our donations!Look at all the tax money of ours that gets put to ridiculous things such as paying old age pension to murderers in jail.NICE!Also the government should start footing the bill for search and rescue.....pay the hell outta them boys!Also if you ask me the government should fund each and everyone who rides in the mountains an avalanche course or make the course full refundable at tax time.Our tax money goes to alot of ridiculous things but hows about helping our own boys and girls for a change!

Top Bottom