Snorkels/hmf On 750 Brute

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I wanna installe a snorkel on my brute, I use to have the link to mudinmyblood's web sit that showed how to do it and all the parts you needed. Also anyone hear running HMF pipe in around hear im just tryin to figure out what size jets i should run... and when i do jet my carbs dose the bigger jet go on the back carb ??? I cant remember how its supose to go .... anyother sugestions would be great.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never really liked all the extra noise that comes from piping/mufflers etc.,most times you get very small real power gains for the $$$$. If you go with a pipe etc. MUZZY is the way to go, they have really done there homework on them, they do cost more, but have heard it is worth every penny.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'v done mine homework the muzzy will give only slightly higher power gains vs the hmf Full system So $$$$$ per HP is not worth it IMOP.... One of the resons im going HMF is I like the sound on the brutes and everyone has a muzzy they do sound awsome aswell BUT, I dont like beeing the same..... thanks though beside buddy has a muzzy on his brute and i wana be louder lol

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an HMF on my KVF 700. just put it on this winter. i bought a jet kit and went according to what the HMF website suggests. seems to be working well but once it warms up we'll see what happens. i beleive that jetting was good for 0 to 3000 feet so you should be alright if you follow it....and the sound is AWESOME!!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah im runnin lean right now going to try bigger jetts... startin to piss me off now what jets you runnin ??? 155 150 dyno jet combo ?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I wanna installe a snorkel on my brute, I use to have the link to mudinmyblood's web sit that showed how to do it and all the parts you needed. Also anyone hear running HMF pipe in around hear im just tryin to figure out what size jets i should run... and when i do jet my carbs dose the bigger jet go on the back carb ??? I cant remember how its supose to go .... anyother sugestions would be great.

I have my '07 Brute 750 with 2-2" intake snorkels spliced together just before the airbox. The only reason I did that was because I wanted center snorkels and I didn't want a 3" pipe in the center. I couldn't get enough air with just 1 2" pipe so I have to go to 2 pipes. I also have a k&n filter, hmf pipe with the centre baffle out, and dyna chip. I've also got the dynojet kit with 150f and 155r. I can't remember which clip the main jets are on though, but I think it is the 2nd from the top. I learned this the hard way but dyno jet #'s are different than other ones so you have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. My air mixture screws are both 2 turns out......I tried every type of setting but found that 2 is what it takes.
Good luck with the setting....I couln't afford to have my dealer play with the settings for 2 days so I finally did it myself....it took some time but I am really impressed with the performance of my brute........and just in case you are wondering, its not exactly the quietest quad on the trails :d

Here is the link to mudinmyblood .

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah..... hmm my problem is too much air right now.... runnin lean . going to try movin needel all the way down and see wtf just annoyed with the thing right now

Top Bottom