Small engine fuel survey (BCIT student project)

archstud

Reaction score
Website
bad-bad-monkey.spaces.live.com
Hi,

I am just about to graduate, and the group that I am in is involved in a research project on small engines (two & four-stroke engines). We are looking for input from people that use these engines, and would appreciate your input and opinions.

The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete, and everything is anonymous. We are looking for people from B.C. to answer the questions as the survey pertains to B.C..

If you have a spare moment, the survey can be taken at the following link:

Thank you very much for your time, and responses.

If this thread does not conform to the site, I would expect the site administrators to remove this accordingly. Thank you again.

:)

powderpusher

Reaction score
From what ive seen happening in bc with their newly adopted carbon tax on fuel this survey sounds like a way for the government to try to find a way to create a new tax for us sledders ,as we all know any survey to do with fuel has something to do with green peace or the government and a new way for them to come up with a way to complain that we may be causing pollution so they better create a new tax ,I think you should do a survey on the fuel used by the big jets and plains that our enviromentalists and government are flying all over the country in before you worry about a survey on the little bit of fuel we burn in our sleds

archstud

Reaction score
Website
From what ive seen happening in bc with their newly adopted carbon tax on fuel this survey sounds like a way for the government to try to find a way to create a new tax for us sledders ,as we all know any survey to do with fuel has something to do with green peace or the government and a new way for them to come up with a way to complain that we may be causing pollution so they better create a new tax ,I think you should do a survey on the fuel used by the big jets and plains that our enviromentalists and government are flying all over the country in before you worry about a survey on the little bit of fuel we burn in our sleds

This was a student project for three BCIT students. I was one of them (just graduated in June!). This is how marketing analysis is done for any and every product.

The purpose of this survey was to help in our Marketing Research report for our client. We are given a project that requires us to find a client (a company/business and do a market research report on a problem, product, or something they don't know about). For $500.00 this is a bargain because you have 3 students working one full day a week, and then on weekends for 5 months!

This goes on our resume once we graduate because this is a real project. Where is your proof that this is a "conspiracy"...

this survey sounds like a way for the government to try to find a way to create a new tax for us sledders ,as we all know any survey to do with fuel has something to do with green peace or the government and a new way for them to come up with a way to complain that we may be causing pollution so they better create a new tax

Your claim is false, this was a student project as I have stated above. We ended up getting a mark of 79% on our final project (one of the higher marks actually :d). I would suggest you do some reading on how marketing surveys are done, and what they look like... BTW, did you notice the URL which happens to have BCIT in it???

Try www.bcit.ca that's my post secondary institution that I graduated from this past June (to repeat myself).

One last comment... opinions are like arse-holes, everyone has them ;)

If you still are in disbelief... then let me guess... that the government also hides aliens under parliment hill.

archstud

Reaction score
Website
BTW, thank you to anyone that did participate in this survey :) We got a pretty damn good mark as mentioned above.

Oh, and from the results, the product had less than 2% rate of people willing to purchase, but an interesting rate of 97% that were either willing to use or try the Aspen Petrol.

We sure were nervous doing our final presentation to our client... but once we were done, it was a treat!

BTW, BCIT does this every January... so if some students show up offering their services, it might be of benefit to your company (3 students, for 5 months, for $500.00 + ancillary expenses) because a consultant would range from $3,000 - $10,000.

Cheers :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Very Interesting.... Thanks For Your Response To The Concern Of One Of The Site Members, And I Know He Wasn't Being Rude Or Malicious In His Comments, But, Unfortunately The Government Has Done Some Uninspirational/unconventional Acts Towards Sledders/bikers/quadders, In The Past And This Seemed Like The Perfect Governtment Ploy....congrats On The Marks, And Passing The Course And Graduating!!! Now You're Off To Bigger And Better Things.... Good Luck In Your Future Endeavors, And Stay Tuned And Enjoy The Site!!! -summitric

archstud

Reaction score
Website
Thank you for the reply and encouragement Summitric :beer:

It is tough in Marketing because a lot of marketers are not ethical. We did our best to approach this honestly. Since we had a paying client, we can not divulge the information entirely because it belongs to them (they paid for it); however, we can share some important insight into what this did.

Marketers get a bad rap, but BCIT really encourages ethics and proper practices to ensure that we do our best and represent BCIT properly.

Thank you :)

Top Bottom