sliver mine

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the reports of silent, it should be good...?

Actually the opposite by the pic of silent I got from today. Mayby bumper deep at best up there so I'd expect the mines to be the same. The snow has really settle since last weekends big snow fall.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not happy with bumper deep???? you're getting spoiled lol!
Actually the opposite by the pic of silent I got from today. Mayby bumper deep at best up there so I'd expect the mines to be the same. The snow has really settle since last weekends big snow fall.

oly

Reaction score
Was just in there sat and maybe 2' of snow more like 1.5'. One group of 8 went in fri and they were the only tracks going in on sat. Bigger group on sat went in but visibility was very poor. So the group that hits the first sunny day in there will have a blast! The trail in was actually pretty sweet. Our group also went into Chatter and cut some fresh tracks into the few open zones. I ended up braking my left hand on thurs but snow was pretty good to ride with it for 3 days :) All in all great weekened in Golden.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mines...

image.jpg

Beyond the mines...

image.jpg

We found some pow....

image.jpg

Caught some air....

image.jpg

JMCX hangin it...

image.jpg

Pretty sure this clears up the 174 rail debate...

image.jpg

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the "mines "themselves. Summer or winter ??

I have looked around and the only evidence of mining I can see is the tailings ponds and the core samples pile (now gone). Never been there in the summer though.

Right in the same area there is a cable or rope bridge strung between two mountain peeks (Azurite Mtn). I want to know what that is all about.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sounds like a Ariel tram to move the material to me (the cable)

Gonna try to get in there this summer and have a peak around ,

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have looked around and the only evidence of mining I can see is the tailings ponds and the core samples pile (now gone). Never been there in the summer though.

Right in the same area there is a cable or rope bridge strung between two mountain peeks (Azurite Mtn). I want to know what that is all about.

Someone was telling me about possible training area for Military, at one point in time...
I want to say the Mines themselves are up above the tailing ponds, or close by anyways. Some wise old man once told me... haha

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics guys.... looks like a great day for Spring riding !!!
I'm really not much for it, but I need one more FIX before I head back to the desert on Monday... :(

Oh yeah, who snuck out the T3 ??? Any chance it's still around to ride ???

RN

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of, it came from south of golden. As for a Sunday drive in the summer you would be hard pressed to get to the tailing ponds. The willows stand dam near 10ft tall and it is fully over grown. Looks like tembec did clear a bunch of willows off the road but not sure how far up they went.

fyi for anyone riding up there for May long, if you find yourself stuck parking at Bobbi burns turn off... Be prepared for a lot of gravel. We rode next to nothing but Sunday was only inches thick, the stage area was feet thick. Also a lot of the willows may be springing up on the trail head, snow depth is just not there at sub alpine.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone was telling me about possible training area for Military, at one point in time...
I want to say the Mines themselves are up above the tailing ponds, or close by anyways. Some wise old man once told me... haha

you got it, up and to the left of the tailings ponds, 1/3 of the way of the up the slope......

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We parked past the Bobbie Burns turnoff... around 45km I think. Should have went all the way to the Vermont road turnoff... wasnt too bad but def the last ride for us up there this year. :)
We had a blast, great day with sunlight in the afternoon ( just after our campfire and steak-roast :) ) snow wasn't great, but still had a blast. pics will follow :)

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busted a trail into the Mines on the weekend.... but they need huge snow before going any further than where we got to !!!
We couldn't get down to the meadow, with the creek running through it... next trip in a cpl weeks maybe :)

Where did you end up parking? Tough ride until after X-mas usually.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up parking at one of the bigger corners... around 29 I think. But had one 4 place trailer so didn't want to get too deep in there and have issues. Pushed in with 2 trucks and decks to that point.

Top Bottom