Sledhead Chat Thread

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I'll be rolling into town by 9. You riding tmrw doug?

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was only 2inches or less of snow on that table yesterday. What to do today......

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still dumping white gravy here too... Big coastal fluffy flakes... In the prairies!!!! Got my new bumper installed, will be goin for a rip later!

Last edited:

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was parenting last weekend so didnt go in the rally... How was it?

It was cold. Not a day to stop anywhere for a beer. Snow needed to settle and with the warm temps last week it should have now. Darcy and I ended up being the first group back along with 4 others that pulled up right behind us. We weren't really trying to race around but it was too cool to sit and BS. Apparently someone decided to go around the night before and screw up the trail markers and pulled the stove pipe out at the warm up shack. SMRT

The trails should be good now with the recent snow. How much do you get at your house?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least 4"...Good thing too it was getting thin!! My little trail thru the old railway in the trees was destroyed after the rally... But... Everyone even stayed out of my favorite fields and stayed on the main route!! Going to take the family for a ride down to the creek later. Meet up with some neighbours and friends... I'll post a pic

Last edited:

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least 4"...Good thing too it was getting thin!! My little trail thru the old railway in the trees was destroyed after the rally... But... Everyone even stayed out of my favorite fields and stayed on the main route!! Going to take the family for a ride down to the creek later. Meet up with some neighbours and friends... I'll post a pic

Nice meeting you Joel. Good to see other families out enjoying a nice winter day. Here are a few more pics. My youngest daughter powered out so we didn't make it to other warm up shack. We just headed back to the club house lot and loaded up. Great day though

Last edited:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, had I known we were gonna get 8" of snow I would have gotten up earlier. As it was, I didn't roll outta bed till 10:30.

Still wanted to ride but didn't really feel like loading the summit into my truck so I just took off to the farm with my buddy. Planned to blow the dust off the 'ol sleds. Well, I drug my '89 Formula out and somehow over the summer the sight glass on the side of fuel tank (who's idea was that??) had become damaged and anything over 1/2 a tank meant it was leaking like a sieve.

So my cousin gets his REV out, I hop on the SS25 and my pal takes the EXT.

20160124_145618.jpg
20160124_153012.jpg
20160124_154133.jpg
zHKzrA5.jpg

I tell ya, old heaps can be a lot of fun. The SS weighs nothing and is a blast to bomb around on. It does, however, seem to love to break it's limiter strap (in the past 4 years I think we've fixed in 4-5 times).

20160124_154342.jpg

So we turned around and found a few other places to play around in on the way home. Just as we pulled into the yard my buddy managed to snap the steering post off on the EXT haha.

Three machines in one day?? We're hard on the old gals.

20160124_172605.jpg

Oh well, beat sitting around the house.

20160124_154504.jpg

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, had I known we were gonna get 8" of snow I would have gotten up earlier. As it was, I didn't roll outta bed till 10:30.

Still wanted to ride but didn't really feel like loading the summit into my truck so I just took off to the farm with my buddy. Planned to blow the dust off the 'ol sleds. Well, I drug my '89 Formula out and somehow over the summer the sight glass on the side of fuel tank (who's idea was that??) had become damaged and anything over 1/2 a tank meant it was leaking like a sieve.

So my cousin gets his REV out, I hop on the SS25 and my pal takes the EXT.

View attachment 193791
View attachment 193792
View attachment 193793
http://i.imgur.com/zHKzrA5.jpg

I tell ya, old heaps can be a lot of fun. The SS weighs nothing and is a blast to bomb around on. It does, however, seem to love to break it's limiter strap (in the past 4 years I think we've fixed in 4-5 times).

View attachment 193794

So we turned around and found a few other places to play around in on the way home. Just as we pulled into the yard my buddy managed to snap the steering post off on the EXT haha.

Three machines in one day?? We're hard on the old gals.

View attachment 193795

Oh well, beat sitting around the house.

View attachment 193796

Sounds like a good time oldsoul

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time oldsoul
That old blue truck sure looks like uncle Neil's or Glen's truck ( can't recall which one had that truck)

Good write u forsure, now ya just need to come where the snow is....

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks dudes, was a great day for a prairie ride.

Tex, the old blue came my Aunt's parent's place out by Delburne.

Hoping to head out to Fernie this weekend for a couple days, booked the third week of Feb off as well.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished riding 7 days out of the last 8, Grizzly Lodge and Whistler. Best week ever!

Top Bottom