Sledding Manitoba

rgutmann

Reaction score
Sledded at Roblin Manitota on the Family day long weekend, around 18" plus of snow in fields. Just a note - if anyone is interested, that a trail pass is required. Only two types of passes are available which is a seven day and a seasonal and the fine if caught without one is $448.50....:nono:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded at Roblin Manitota on the Family day long weekend, around 18" plus of snow in fields. Just a note - if anyone is interested, that a trail pass is required. Only two types of passes are available which is a seven day and a seasonal and the fine if caught without one is $448.50....:nono:

im thinking you know the total fines of being caught ... learned the hard way did we

Brockster1000

Reaction score
There's no way you will get caught, they are really laid back in the tobe never had a problem sledded for years atleast 12 years in the duck mountain area. I'm sure someone will disagree

300 wsm

Reaction score
ive rode in churchill a couple times but i think thats too far north too worry about being ticketed it was the only time ive rode across a ocean and had to deal with high tide let me tell u thats scary stuff when ur goin across and start to tread water at first i thought it was my belt until i was yelled at too keep on tha gas then i looked down saw water and gunned it then the race was on too catch me haha

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded at Roblin Manitoba on the Family day long weekend, around 18" plus of snow in fields. Just a note - if anyone is interested, that a trail pass is required. Only two types of passes are available which is a seven day and a seasonal and the fine if caught without one is $448.50....:nono:

That's only if they catch you riding on the groomed trails.....:p 10 feet either way and your no longer on the trail. Did you just ride around Roblin or did you follow the trails up to Sanclaira, Child's lake or Madge? If you get onto Lake of the Prairie's you can ride that south to the Assesippi ski hill for lunch and bevy's. I kinda miss riding back home...:(

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
ive rode in churchill a couple times but i think thats too far north too worry about being ticketed it was the only time ive rode across a ocean and had to deal with high tide let me tell u thats scary stuff when ur goin across and start to tread water at first i thought it was my belt until i was yelled at too keep on tha gas then i looked down saw water and gunned it then the race was on too catch me haha

No offence man, but have you ever heard of Capitals, Commas, and Periods being used in a sentence. I find it real hard to read stuff when it doesn't use either? Just saying!

indydude

Reaction score
The enforcement thing is much greater this year as manitoba public insurance now has control of the trail passes. Up until this year it was looser, but now that there is some real money to be made they have both dnr and rcmp on the trails. Heard that one weekend there was over 60 fines handed out.

rgutmann

Reaction score
That's only if they catch you riding on the groomed trails.....:p 10 feet either way and your no longer on the trail. Did you just ride around Roblin or did you follow the trails up to Sanclaira, Child's lake or Madge? If you get onto Lake of the Prairie's you can ride that south to the Assesippi ski hill for lunch and bevy's. I kinda miss riding back home...:(
Road to Child's lake, went across the lake which has the dam on it at the one end and had supper there which happened to be steak night and around Roblin the next day. Heard from the locals that trails were going to be patroled alot more and checking for passes and liquor. Some trails still were not groomed are were closed.

rgutmann

Reaction score
im thinking you know the total fines of being caught ... learned the hard way did we
No, stayed off the trails, road with some locals that knew their way around. They also didn't have passes.

Top Bottom