sled weights, full of fuel? turbo m cats

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was over at a buddies this weekend helping put the finishing touchs on his carbon fibre m1200 turbo and I had my vanamburg m7turbo there doing some tinkering and we were able to round up a set of scales so we filled both our sleds right full of fuel and argued over who's would be lighter. here are the results.

Carbon fibre M1200 Turbo (with full coolant and fuel)= 475.5lbs (wow)
Vanamburg M700 Turbo (with full coolant, fuel and 15lb intercooler)= 495lbs
stock m1000 (full of gas and coolant)= too heavy for our 600lb scales

I did not think a 1200 turbo could be 100lbs lighter than the lightest published Nytro (titanium nytro full of fuel 476lbs, only 7 gal tank though). Changed my perception a little. I could also take an easy 20lbs more out of turbo 7 for a couple grand. Who else has weighed there sleds full of fuel, curious to here some numbers.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This Thread will head down the same path as the thread you asked to be deleted........or more than likely the hardcore Yamaha guys will just be bored with it all and not respond at all.
Your posts always lead down the same trail...are you trying to convince us or yourself.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
What all have you done to your apex for lightweight goodies?
nothing...... I have no interest in light weight.

light weight is a strength sacrifice.... I beat my sleds pretty hard and I hate fixing chit. I lost a little weight changing skids, but the change was for lift control, weight loss was a by product. Then other little odds and ends, but was all recovered with the blow dryer..... all in all..... not far off crate weight.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This Thread will head down the same path as the thread you asked to be deleted........or more than likely the hardcore Yamaha guys will just be bored with it all and not respond at all.
Your posts always lead down the same trail...are you trying to convince us or yourself.

The thread is not looking for yamaha weights, its looking for weights of everythng out there. Not everyone rides a yamaha!!! I only used the yamaha as an example because there is another thread out there that is dedicated to only yamaha's and no one was posting weights of other sleds. A doo claims 440 dry that means that full of full it should be around 500 pounds. was curious to know how claimed weights are stacking up in real life. if this thread turns into a pissing contest about yammy weights vs. 2 stroke weights its because you guys made it that way. I just see everyone building these trick mod sleds on here and am curious to know if anyone else is seeing where their money is going. People must be curious after spending thousands of dollars on mods and lightweight parts to know what they are actually getting. In fact It would not hurt anyones feelings if any yammaha guys respond, as I said there is another thread on another site dedicated to that already, so I can already go see what all the hardcore yammy guys are getting for their money. This site is for information, which I am trying to get, not start a vs. thread.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i weighed a '-8 XP800 after turbo installed and it had fox floats on it and it came in at 465lbs with 1litre of inj oil and no fuel in it.. Also weighed a nytro with supercharger that had a holz rear skid and it came in at 593lbs with all fluids full and no fuel in it..

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i weighed a '-8 XP800 after turbo installed and it had fox floats on it and it came in at 465lbs with 1litre of inj oil and no fuel in it.. Also weighed a nytro with supercharger that had a holz rear skid and it came in at 593lbs with all fluids full and no fuel in it..

Do you know how much a litre of fuel weighs?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know how much a litre of fuel weighs?

1 Liter of Gasoline weighs 0.76 kg = 1.7 lbs.
1 US Gallon = 3.7854118 liters = 0.833 Imperial gallons.
1 Imperial Gallon= 4.54609 Liters = 1.201 US Gallons.

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing that I'm driving a sled and not a plane cause I don't think my fuel wieght was right.

But anyone can be wrong a 1st time

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the report on my sled ( '03 Vertical Escape) is 596 # ready to ride. Hardly a lightweight.

Top Dog

Reaction score
Well I was over at a buddies this weekend helping put the finishing touchs on his carbon fibre m1200 turbo and I had my vanamburg m7turbo there doing some tinkering and we were able to round up a set of scales so we filled both our sleds right full of fuel and argued over who's would be lighter. here are the results.

Carbon fibre M1200 Turbo (with full coolant and fuel)= 475.5lbs (wow)
Vanamburg M700 Turbo (with full coolant, fuel and 15lb intercooler)= 495lbs
stock m1000 (full of gas and coolant)= too heavy for our 600lb scales

I did not think a 1200 turbo could be 100lbs lighter than the lightest published Nytro (titanium nytro full of fuel 476lbs, only 7 gal tank though). Changed my perception a little. I could also take an easy 20lbs more out of turbo 7 for a couple grand. Who else has weighed there sleds full of fuel, curious to here some numbers.
How much to completely pay for the Carbon fiber Sled. At 150 lbs I think that is the way to go.Appreciat info if you don't mind

Top Dog

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 Liter of Gasoline weighs 0.76 kg = 1.7 lbs.
1 US Gallon = 3.7854118 liters = 0.833 Imperial gallons.
1 Imperial Gallon= 4.54609 Liters = 1.201 US Gallons.

Neil, how much does your Tpex weigh in at with fuel and oils installed?

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
nothing...... I have no interest in light weight.

light weight is a strength sacrifice.... I beat my sleds pretty hard and I hate fixing chit. I lost a little weight changing skids, but the change was for lift control, weight loss was a by product. Then other little odds and ends, but was all recovered with the blow dryer..... all in all..... not far off crate weight.

Light weight does not always have to be a strength sacrifice. C3 PowerSports Carbon Fiber snowmobile components are 30% stronger then stock and offer big weight savings. So you get weight loss wile increasing strength and performance.

We build full Carbon Fiber Chassis, Hoods, Side Panels, Suspension Rails, Fuel Tanks and more! So if anyone is thinking about weight saving and does not want to sacrifice strength, give us a call

C3 PowerSports just finished converting a turbo M8 Arctic-Cat to fit on its new Carbon Fiber XP Chassis! It came out at only 399lb (dry) Click here for build Specs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKwZ7j1hMg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom