Sled trip with the wives

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Couple of Saskatchewan boys are planning a trip out to the mountains in feb/march or april along with our wives. Any places you guys recommend to go where the boys can play in the snow during the day & the ladies can relax at a spa or go shopping? We are rookies to the mountains so aren't needing areas that are extreme. Thanks.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie is a cool little mountain town with some good riding and enough to keep the ladies busy. Whistler area would really keep the girls happy, and there is some killer riding, but it's a hella long drive for you.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what McBride has to offer for spa's or store's? But "Bell" is a good place to play with the sleds.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
I agree with Vernon; good riding at Hunters and Mara Mtn from Enderby. Sparkling Hill is a great spot as well. We are spoiled living in Vernon as we are close to everything.

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Actually Fernie closest for us so far with replies. Please keep them coming

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't agree with McBride cause not much going on there. But Sicamous would be good. You got Salmon Arm right there that's big and should be good for your wives.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Another place you might want to consider is the Crowsnest Pass. Inn on the Border is a great place to stay. . Curt and Verlee can help you find some great places to ride for your skill set. You can either ride right from the cabins or you have so many fantastic places all within a 30-45 minute drive to launch from. Atlas about 15mins, Fernie 45 mins, Elkford 45 mins, South access from Blairmore about 15mins or ride right from the cabin and there are infinite places that you can connect to from the Corbin area.

Your wives can still drive into Fernie to shop. Fernie has so many cool little shops. They have a terrific book store!!! Coleman has a great little quilting shop. Hit up Popiel's restaurant in Coleman check out the Sicilian pizza, it has saurekraut on it...to die for!!!

Jan

PS Why aren't your wives riding with you? I'd rather ride than shop anyday!!!!

Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would head to Fernie or Golden. Mountain towns with amenities for the ladies and good riding all around. The riding around Golden is a little easier to get to if your a newb to the area. Good skiing in either town as well. Fernie I would say is a little more upscale in the spa and dining departments.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what McBride has to offer for spa's or store's? But "Bell" is a good place to play with the sleds.

Mcbride is a little lean on the in town activities, but lucille also has some mild to wild riding. Take the granny trail in and there will be little to no sidehilling or steep ascents/descents for the inexperienced riders to deal with. If youre a bit better of a rider youcan stikl do some steep climbs and play in the more technical stuff in the same area. Renshaw is fun, but you wont even get in very far, if you have a hard time with steeps or sidehilling.

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
invermere. great riding, shopping and if they want they can go skiing at panorama.
invermere or radium is awesome for exactly what u r lookin for, good riding in forester, invermere has lots of nice little shops for the wives, hot springs in radium or fairmont, spa in radium, skiing as mentioned, we do a big trip every family day and all the wives and kids come along, has something for everyone

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Wives don't really ride. And if they do its a couple miles per year on the flat lands of sask.

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
I've been told radium is nice for ladies but didn't know how the sledding is

Top Bottom