Sled deck install

24V E30

Reaction score
Picked up a cross-trax sled deck and I'm wondering what's the best/safest way to install it. Truck is a 06 ram 2500, the bed has these cleats,

I have a feeling that using the turn buckles only on those is not a good idea. I'm thinking to use the cleats with turn buckles and then a 1/2" bolt through each leg with reinforcement plates from under the bed would be ok? Or should I take the cleats off and put something like this in place of them?

What have you guys done or would you do?

Thanks

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a cross-trax sled deck and I'm wondering what's the best/safest way to install it. Truck is a 06 ram 2500, the bed has these cleats, http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/...9-D90A-45E5-BE23-6DD7082EAB99_zpsj0xa2ezo.jpg

I have a feeling that using the turn buckles only on those is not a good idea. I'm thinking to use the cleats with turn buckles and then a 1/2" bolt through each leg with reinforcement plates from under the bed would be ok? Or should I take the cleats off and put something like this in place of them?

What have you guys done or would you do?

Thanks

Those mounting bolts on the cleats are pretty flimsy IMO. Ditch the cleats and go with 1/2" bolts with backing plates underneath. My marathon deck has been held down with this setup on several trucks for the past 10 years with no issues. Just be sure to get nylock nuts so they don't come loose.

Top Bottom