Skinz airframe running boards

tmurphy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has installed a set of these running boards on a XP. If so what is your opinion of them.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have'nt installed them on an XP but put them on my Assault & they are an awesome running board, lots of grip & snow doesn't pile up. Was pretty easy to install on my Polaris if u have the right tools, wouldn't think it would be much harder on a XP !!!!!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed them on my m8. Haven't tried them yet but they look and feel sick! Like maxwell said, just take your time cutting and also do yourself a favor and try to get a neumatic rivet gun or eat lots of spinach. It will get hard on the arms an hands with a hand rivet gun.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
If you need some I do have some in stock. After having installed several sets and using a grinder to cut off the boards we picked up an air body saw to do the cutting that is the ticket to get those boards off!!! Like Crossfire said get an air riveter your hands will thank you!!!

Here is a time lapse video one of our customers did that will give you an idea:

Skinz Airframe install 2012 Ski Doo XP - YouTube

We have also set up several dealers through out the province who can do installations.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Jan

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shudder every time that video comes up. Those zip cut grinder wheels are about the most dangerous way there is to cut aluminum! Got a permanent scar on my leg to prove it.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We invested in an air body saw to do our last install and like I said before that thing is the cat's meow for cutting off those boards. It gets into the corners very easily and does a very neat job of cutting off the boards.

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
100_1568.jpg

This works alot better....

100_1572.jpg

this

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have a better odds getting hit by a truck on your way to your moms house, then a disc blowing up if using properly! Someone's out to get you! Sorry about your luck!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait another minute to upgrade the running boards on that girl!! I nearly wore the soles off my stompers kicking ice off my summit last year, not to mention the fact that you could never get grip when it counted the most. This year I put on a set of WRP boards and by far the best money I have ever spent.(I can only imagine air frames are as good or better). I didn't have to kick my running boards once on my last ride. I would for sure recommend getting a body saw and air rivet gun which can be had for less than two hundred dollars at princess auto which would also be a wise investment unless your looking for a wicked forearm workout!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed or will install a set of the BMF ones, similar to skins but had to modify them as they mounted way to far back and added some additional tunnel side support. One question I ask is do the skins mount or rivet in any way to the rear drop plates that stick out? Doesnt look like they do and was wondering if theres enough strength in that area once you cut away all the floor board material? Oh and zip discs are dangerous, not from the disc exploding but from it catching and throwing the grinder accross the room or into your belly (ask me how i know this and to see the scar!)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they sit on the rear drop bracket tab and rivet through the bottom.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those look good Spoulter!!! For which sled are you asking about mounting on shoppingcart111 or did Takethebounce answer your question?

Jan

XP, kinda, do you use one of the existing rivets (drill it out) or do you drill a new hole? Do you have a set of instructions?

spoulter

Reaction score
XP, kinda, do you use one of the existing rivets (drill it out) or do you drill a new hole? Do you have a set of instructions?

The boards come with instructions, they recommend leaving a 3/4" lip for the new boards to be rivet onto but I found it was alittle to much so I went with 5/8" and you cant see the lip beneath the tubing.

Top Bottom