skidoo 2016

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a buddy with a 14 proclimb been overheating almost every ride this year and he was having problems last year in the spring but it was a warm day sled worked fine in the slushy snow but soon as it got dark snow hardened up suddenly he could barely make two miles without having to flip sled over and put snow on the cooler. Also know of a group of proclimbs having trouble in golden on skinny switchback where u cant get off trail they were having trouble goin over a couple miles at a time without having to stop which was leaving them having to stop in a zone where i wouldnt want to be stopping due to avy danger.

maybe its not a problem with all of them but ive heard of enough of the proclimbs having trouble that id say it could be because of the small front cooler.

Either way no one wants to be having heat issues wasnt trying to offend anyone im just saying it would be a shame to end up with a heating issues just trying to shed a couple pounds im all about keeping my sled running cool if i want to shed a few pounds ill hit the gym and keep my exchanger as long as it can be

Possible rad cap issue? I heard of a few of those and once changed issue was gone.

and yes, the lack of ice / weight build up is very noticeable compared to rear cooler models....

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it could be something simple like that hopefully he gets it sorted soon cause its been a real pain for him lately we are thinking hes got a leak but cant find where could it be pushing coolant out of the cap?

either way sorry i even made a cat reference the point i was making is i hate having cooling issues so i would be a bit skeptical if they tried to cut weight by having a smaller cooling system. I also dont focus to much on the ice build up as i have never heard anyone say jeez i might have made that pull if i didnt have this ice holding me back maybe im looking at things the wrong way.

seems the focus is all on making sleds lighter what i would like out of my sled is for it to be a bit tougher up front being as i bent one of my modules last time i was in mountains if they could stop that from happening i wouldnt care if it added a few pounds lots of people would prob dissagree with me here since everyone wants sleds lighter

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it could be something simple like that hopefully he gets it sorted soon cause its been a real pain for him lately we are thinking hes got a leak but cant find where could it be pushing coolant out of the cap?

either way sorry i even made a cat reference the point i was making is i hate having cooling issues so i would be a bit skeptical if they tried to cut weight by having a smaller cooling system. I also dont focus to much on the ice build up as i have never heard anyone say jeez i might have made that pull if i didnt have this ice holding me back maybe im looking at things the wrong way.

seems the focus is all on making sleds lighter what i would like out of my sled is for it to be a bit tougher up front being as i bent one of my modules last time i was in mountains if they could stop that from happening i wouldnt care if it added a few pounds lots of people would prob dissagree with me here since everyone wants sleds lighter

I agree with you 100%....I would rather have a heavier RELIABLE sled vs something light and susceptible to premature breakage....that is one reason why many of us buy what we buy.......hence a Polaris is not is my future.....

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine came from Dr.phil he is there for the unveiling so that's good enough for me know the question is how much $$$$$$

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
are you ready.jpg

Today is Feb 23, Pretty busy thread, Guess peeps are excited.

Top Bottom