Ski/Snowboard Rack for Sled??

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheetah Factory Racing
Knight Rider Racks (would be my choice)
Fabricate your own with falling wedges.

The CFR rack is kinda a rip off in my opinion. Using falling wedges will run you 50-100$ and Kinght rider is in the middle.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good product they use to attach your skis/snowboard to your sled? Or even a dealer that can get them... Thx!!

Many threads on here about racks. I have seen many homemade ones that are just as good as the production ones. Those racks are expensive!

I made mine out of 1/2 tubing and 2 snowboard ratchet straps. It took about 5 beers to make and is just as good as a Cheetah.

skylinegtr

Reaction score
Many threads on here about racks. I have seen many homemade ones that are just as good as the production ones. Those racks are expensive!

I made mine out of 1/2 tubing and 2 snowboard ratchet straps. It took about 5 beers to make and is just as good as a Cheetah.

I got a horizontal carry avy pack,I feel like an airplane sometimes! not to fun on tight trails but it works great.:cool:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

An ok picture of my rack

Attachments

• n692631758_1583205_8292.jpg
    n692631758_1583205_8292.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 372

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy K,

I have heard nothing but good things about the CFR's. Look them up on You Tube and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of hits.

:beer: Cheers :beer:

hippiekiller

Reaction score
The cfr is $$$ but definitely worth the money..very secure...for cheaper, fab the d-rack yerself and just buy the mounts..I like the wedge idea, and HDPW or whatever is fairly ez to find (cutting boards)...check out the ski access sledding page on snowest (if your allowed there), there's some good home-fab going on there with gun-racks and stuff...
In my experience, carrying a board across your back riding around here is undescribably battersome..mount that sucker way back...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheetah Factory Racing
Knight Rider Racks (would be my choice)
Fabricate your own with falling wedges.

The CFR rack is kinda a rip off in my opinion. Using falling wedges will run you 50-100$ and Kinght rider is in the middle.

spend thousands on a nice sled but cheap out on the rack?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people scrape their penny's together to buy the sled. does'nt mean they have loads of cash for extras like this. Some people are cheap (like me) and like the challenge and satisfaction of diy. When you cant afford everything you have to prioritize and find a way to get what you want in the end.
I think the CFR's are pretty expensive but someone is willing to pay that price and good for cheetah for making some money.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people scrape their penny's together to buy the sled. does'nt mean they have loads of cash for extras like this. Some people are cheap (like me) and like the challenge and satisfaction of diy. When you cant afford everything you have to prioritize and find a way to get what you want in the end.
I think the CFR's are pretty expensive but someone is willing to pay that price and good for cheetah for making some money.

or we are still paying for them!!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

true, and i've been there.... wait a minute still am there!

you can build a decent rack if you have skills no doubt, but I've seen some pretty getto racks that I would not trust my gear on.

I am lucky enough that the King Kat came with a sweet rack, all I needed was the CFR board holders, I think I got them for $125

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be a while till I'm out in Canada, but I'm taking my sled down to Montana this year so that should be killer.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to have a buddy who has a metal shop copy me the CFR double D rack .. he told me by the time I pay for the material and powder coating it'll cost as much as the store bought item..

so I just went and bought it along with the boardski attachment.

it carries a snowboard, or a pair of skis and anything else you want to bungee to the rack itself.. camping gear, extra gas, ski boots, tripod, axe, chainsaw, gunrack .. ya never know ;)

you can make your own, or buy a cheaper option .. at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

SNOW197

Reaction score
well i bought the gun racks on ebay. i know there are more on there now take a good look at mine a search for them! they are working well. i put some snowboard binding straps on the top of the gun racks to secure the snowboard really well (on the back holder) on the front holder i use a tie down strap going across the seat to really keep the snowboards from moving side to side. ITS AWESOME!

Top Bottom