Silverbacks ?

wellluck

Reaction score
Is anyone running Silverbacks? I'm really curious what you think of them? How are they holding up, and do they make a difference to what you were previously using? Where's the best place to purchase a set of 27"
Thanks,

Al

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont got any but i heard they are pretty good and wear like iron but for the price difference between 27"backs and 27" mudzillas just go withmudzillas SOOO much cheaper and good for around here and get a cluth kit with all the money you saved but for any tire id get them from rapid reveloutions in edmonton heres the phone #
780-455-7553

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but backs own mudzillas byron.. seriously they do..

but they break parts and personally id rather run laws out here in Alberta because they don't dig as much, they paddle a lot more than any of the other tires really and that helps in our kind of area. last thing you wanna do in skeg is dig.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
silverbacks are probably the best mud tire out there, but not the greatest on the trail. they are also quite heavy. the only place that i know that sells them is rapid revouloutions in edmonton as byron said before.:beer:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
silverbacks are probably the best mud tire out there, but not the greatest on the trail. they are also quite heavy. the only place that i know that sells them is rapid revouloutions in edmonton as byron said before.:beer:

Gristle Boyz is also a dealer of Silverbacks.

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^yes they do but i phoned both places and rapid reveloutuions is a lil bit cheaper

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
^^^yes they do but i phoned both places and rapid reveloutuions is a lil bit cheaper

After seeing this video, I'd stay away from them tires...... Kinda scary

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzMhQyvE-Ek[/YOUTUBE]

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running 30" silverbacks on my renegade and love them. I had 29.5 laws before them and had 28" mudzillas before those and like the silverbacks better than both. I find the silverbacks better on the trails then the outlaws and IMO are a little better in the mud. 80% of the riding we do out here is skeg riding and the silverbacks will go everywhere the outlaw will go and more. Either way the silverbacks and the outlaws are both good choices but the silverbacks are a little more money. My dealer out here sells the 30 backs for the same price as the 31 outlaws and 28 backs for the same price as 29.5 outlaws

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you seen or run the Super grip MudBitches?

A few my buddies and I run Mud Bitches and are impressed with them. A hard tire that digs and digs, but I don't know much about the silverbacks? They look similiar to Mud Bitches, except for silverbacks have the grip well over the sides of the tires, which would perform great in the deep holes and ruts!!

Reaction score
try asking the manufacturer where the nearest supplier is?

ive gotten a set 28" :eek:n an 09 renegade800 and they really rip in the snow, up to 24" of typical settled mountain and slightly wind blown snow, up hill breaking trail no problem at all. never tried in the summer yet.

Dr Fantasmo

Reaction score
I run 28x10x12 Silverbacks on my 800 Can-Am and they work awesome. No problems with broken parts either.

Everyone says these tires are too heavy, but I can still pull the front wheels up without trouble...

This tire owns everything i've ridden with (Mudzillas, 'zillas, Mudbugs, Outlaws, Mud Lites, etc...)

500ssJW

Reaction score
28 in backs on mine yeahhhhh!!! Shes intense boy> Wont let me upload a video or i would!

Top Bottom