Silent Pass accident

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our condolences to the family and friends of Daniel Flick.

From local newspaper website

On April 16, 2009, an Alberta man died as a result of injuries sustained while snowmobiling in the backcountry south of Golden. This area is popular to snowmobilers and is known as the Silent Pass. Three males had been out for the day and it was dusk when they approached a tight turn in the trail. One rider failed to make the turn. His sled was launched off the track and struck the trees. B.C. Ambulance and Golden Search and Rescue responded, however the male suffered serious injuries in the collision and died before rescuers could reach him. The victim has been identified as Daniel Flick of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. Golden RCMP and the coroners service continue to investigate.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man that sucks...

Condolences to all that know him.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP to our fellow sledder. Thoughts and prayers to the family. Take some comfort in the fact that he died doing what he loved.

CB1

Reaction score
Not at all true about search and rescue. Trust me, I know. They responded immediately, or as soon as possible. This is a rumor and only a rumor. Dan passed from severe head trauma he would not have made it if he was in the hospital with in 5 minutes. Please stop making up things people and spreading it around, it is tragic enough already don't you think. I would lilke to thank the golden search and rescue, RCMP, Alpine Helicopter and Marys motel for all there help and understanding. It was very much appreciated!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Sad story, my condolences. I have heard from a many of experienced sledders that more people get hurt or killed on the trails on the way up or down than on the mountain. Was excessive speed a factor or just an unfamiliar trail to the rider?

bobloblaw670

Reaction score
Not at all true about search and rescue. Trust me, I know. They responded immediately, or as soon as possible. This is a rumor and only a rumor. Dan passed from severe head trauma he would not have made it if he was in the hospital with in 5 minutes. Please stop making up things people and spreading it around, it is tragic enough already don't you think. I would lilke to thank the golden search and rescue, RCMP, Alpine Helicopter and Marys motel for all there help and understanding. It was very much appreciated!

Hi Craig,
My condolances. Hope you are holding up OK.
Regards,
Brooksie

Top Bottom