Silber Turbos Pro RMK

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
What im looking for is reliability.

i dont want to be cranking high boost levels, just a nice low setting, so it doesnt cause any problems. i just want a one pull sled with a bit more jam, that wont give me any grief.

is the silber capable of this? or will i be wrenching more then riding?
Like Ron said, when you add a turbo, you stress other components that were never intended to be pushed that hard. Then when you take a turbo kit that is built with cheaper components and never tested for the area you ride in, it creates new issues and compounds the problems. In my opinion the dobeck controller has difficulty maintaining it's tune for elevation and air pressure changes. I have had turbo kit manufacturers tell me that it will change the way the sled runs when the sun goes behind the clouds. If a person is not that fussy, you can ride through all of the bad tuning and live with it.

We tested for 2 seasons before we released a kit for sale for two reasons. The first is that, why charge a customer a bunch of money and then have them constantly unhappy with your product? This creates tension, bad publicity, and generally a bad experience for us and the customer.
The other reason is that we wanted to have the best running kit on the snow period. We tested against every other kit on the market and made sure ours performed better in every situation. We even had people ride our 2 stroke turbo's that have never even ridden in the mountains before. We never gave them any instruction on how to use the throttle and did not tell them to look at the gauges, we just let them ride like it was a stock sled right from the parking lot in to the Alpine and back to the trucks.
Of course the trade off to this is that our kit is more money then every other kit out there, but we know the customer will be happy when they lay down the cash.

Almost anyone that rides a mod sled would tell you that they would pay the extra if they were guaranteed it would run. These are not just words either, I would be more than happy to let anyone compare their turbo sled to ours in the mountains.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$3600US or cheaper depending on how many orders for a Pro RMK Silber turbo right now, they're taking orders for delivery in October. They have this deal every August, a few more days left... It's on Snowest, it's called the group buy.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could go as low as $3400. At that price I would just add a boost it setup and toss their controller.

NM

Reaction score
Could go as low as $3400. At that price I would just add a boost it setup and toss their controller.
There are a few guys on the group buy that have ordered Boost-It controllers. They know the dobeck controller was the biggest problem with last years kit and don't want to even try it.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran an aerocharger kit and a silber kit and learned quite a bit while tuning both but the aerocharger kit was more responsive and pulled quite a bit harder all around. both were ran at 12 lbs.

Powderlites

Reaction score
New fueling for Polaris turbo we are playing with at Powder Lites
This is prototype we installed on silber kit after some mods to exhaust etc.
This is first start up with test map and only a few seconds on the laptop we had this thing running at 12 to 1 air fuel and snappy.
This uses extra injectors that turn on same time as stock and with the right timing on cyls.
Powder Lites Polaris Silber turbo - YouTube

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2012 pro rmk and am putting a silber kit on it, I would like to know how much easier and why these boost it fuel controllers are to tune over the dobeck boxes that come with the kit? Dobeck boxes can't be that bad, cutler uses them on there arctic cat kits and from the reviews I read are one of the best kits you can get. I am interested in the boost it fuel controller as well just not 100% sold on it yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2012 pro rmk and am putting a silber kit on it, I would like to know how much easier and why these boost it fuel controllers are to tune over the dobeck boxes that come with the kit? Dobeck boxes can't be that bad, cutler uses them on there arctic cat kits and from the reviews I read are one of the best kits you can get. I am interested in the boost it fuel controller as well just not 100% sold on it yet.
My best advice would be for you to ride your sled with the dobeck controller first. Boost It sold over 200 controllers last season and almost 130 of them replaced existing controllers. In every case they worked much better than the fuel system they replaced. We always test extensively before we will take a customers money so we are assured that the product is right for the customers and they are not being lab rats.
The Pro is much more difficult to tune then a Cat. They are very simple to tune wide open, but everywhere else they can be tricky and the thing that fools most fuel controllers is pressure changes and huge engine load swings.
We tested for 2 seasons before we were 100 percent happy to take people's money.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Do you have any link to the instructions on using the box? I couldn't see anything on your web site?

NM

Reaction score
New fueling for Polaris turbo we are playing with at Powder Lites
This is prototype we installed on silber kit after some mods to exhaust etc.
This is first start up with test map and only a few seconds on the laptop we had this thing running at 12 to 1 air fuel and snappy.
This uses extra injectors that turn on same time as stock and with the right timing on cyls.
Powder Lites Polaris Silber turbo - YouTube
If you are suggesting that the stock Polaris fuel injection system is sequential so that the injectors turn on right before the intake stroke ends, then your theory of timed secondary injectors makes no sense unless they are in the same location as the stockers.
The critical thing is that the exact right amount of fuel is delivered to the top of the piston when the combustion event takes place.
In order to properly fuel a sled, it is important to understand what you are dealing with first.

jessed

Reaction score
The silber kit seem to be a fairly well put together kit for the price, I would definitely next time I do it spend the extra money right off the bat. This being said I think the area these kits are the weakest is the fuel controllers. If you want to run lower boost I think silbers are fine but I would add the Boost it fuel controller.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding with a sliber turboed pro last season, IMO the box sucked. It always required playing with and the sled never really worked to its full potential, until the box got replaced, after seeing those constant fueling and air box bolt problems I'd look elsewhere for a turbo kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the450kid

Reaction score
I had a Silber set up on my pro for two years. The fuel box sucks and I carried a spare with quick connects. The air box was a bad design. But Justin has copied boondocker silicon tube intake with the injector set up this year. So that issue should be resolved. I would seriously consider a Boost it setup over anything out there at the present time

prairie rmk

Reaction score
Hate to throw more debate into this thread, but I noticed that both HM turbos and Push turbo are using the VIPEC stand alone controllers this year. What are the chances that those are gonna work? The idea is there, having full control over fuelling, boost, spark timing, exhaust valve opening, all in one package instead of adding on a bunch of separate control boxes. But, does it work? And how much time did they actually spend dialing them in last winter? I think its got a lot of potential, just know that I ain't gonna be the first one to buy it.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why I asked what he was expecting from the kit. They are basically starter turbo kits that are not capable of really big power. They seem pretty fast in harder snow, but put them in deep pow and then you will see the effects of a small turbo and no intercooler.

My cousin who shall remain nameless (from benalto)needs some boost for his 700 dragon. What's your setup on that like?

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the problem with the air box on the 2012 kit? I'm looking at picking up a 2012 kit and running the boost it controller. Don't want to run much boost, looking for around 4-5psi

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
What was the problem with the air box on the 2012 kit? I'm looking at picking up a 2012 kit and running the boost it controller. Don't want to run much boost, looking for around 4-5psi

why not just run a big bore if you only want to run that low of boost?

and to only person i know with the vipec and the hm turbo setup. well lets just say it is for sale and they are going with a big bore this year. the vipec once they get it figured out should be great for many applications

the450kid

Reaction score
Tabs that we're welded would break off once twice a year. The bolts that hold the box to the throttle body suck and have to install soft rubber washers to keep it from vibrating off aswell as oblonging the holes. You could buy the updated silicon air box from silber or boondockers (same thing). Just my experiences with the Silber kit over the past two seasons. My advise would be water to air for sure on this kit. Nm will set you up for sure!!

Top Bottom