Sicamous. Is it worth it?

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a trip booked for the 20th - 23rd in Sicamous. Doesnt sound like there is much snow right now. Is it worth going or should I cancel and wait a few weeks?

What areas are the best for Novice riders? It isnt the first time riding but the youngest is riding a 550 Supersport and wont be doing any big powder riding or hill climbs. Just want somewhere with a mix of conditions and terrain.

BonBon

Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing! looking into booking a trip to Fernie and wondering if anyone has any insight or info?! Not newbie riders but all would be new to the mountains. Looking for adventure and fun and not afraid to go off the beaten path! :)

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteoasis.bigcartel.com
Have a trip booked for the 20th - 23rd in Sicamous. Doesnt sound like there is much snow right now. Is it worth going or should I cancel and wait a few weeks?

What areas are the best for Novice riders? It isnt the first time riding but the youngest is riding a 550 Supersport and wont be doing any big powder riding or hill climbs. Just want somewhere with a mix of conditions and terrain.

We were up Blue last weekend, there is enough snow for any good family day already. For us that play in the back 40, well still needs a bit more. Blue Lake is probably the best alaround area for novice riders, althought Queest would also be good. Check out fresh pics from our Presidente at sledsicamous.com

xpsledneck

Reaction score
I ride up there all the time. Blue lake is a nice place to ride lots of open just off the gromed and about 26k if i remember correcktly of groomed to the chalet and some small to tall climes right at the cabin. we call them the training hills. Owls head has a bit more groomed trail to chalet 2or 3 km more but also has a fue more open medows or lakes that are safe to ride on and the groomed run right throught them. i havent been up there this year yet but have a trip planed for the 19-21 of dec and will update you goyes on snow conditions than. have fun and remember keep the rtack side down.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking to someone in sicamous today! they got 12 " last night in town.. and another 12" called for today tonight!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then stop at Revy...there is lots of snow..have been there twice this year and will be there in a week..frisby Ridge has good riding for all levels and is a great family mountain..

sledrocs

Reaction score
in some places it is we just had a dump it should be good after this week owlshead not great for beginners

W

woodies

talked to buddy out there and not grooming yet ,snow is okay they haven't wrecked anything but they rode frisbee and said way more snow!

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the grooming coming along in Revy? We have changed our plans and will be staying in Revy now but will still ride Blue Lake.

Top Bottom