Septic system repair

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good septic repair company near the Ardrossan/Fort Saskatchewan area, and any ballpark guesses as to what the cost would be to replace the tanks and line that feeds the mound? I've got what appears to be a leak in the line but my tanks are nearing 30yrs old and are showing it, so thinking about doing those as well seeing as the yard is gonna be destroyed anyway.:chicken:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
When I had my system Installed about 4 yrs ago, it ran about $12,000. That was a new installation. Included tank, lines, pump and construction of mound. Tank was a 1250 gal, 2 compartment. Don't know of anyone in your area though, or if costs have gone up or down lately. Shop around though cause I got a couple quotes. Second guy was 2500 more and only supplied a 950 gal tank.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, was your system replacing an older one or a brand new installation? price quote I got so far is about $12,000 to remove/replace old tank, and lines to mound. existing mound is still good so no work to be done with it. will get a couple more quotes i think because i wouldn't think costs could've jumped that much in four years!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be opening a can of worms, I am certified to do septic installs. Are you sure it is a leak or overloaded mound. With all the rain ground is saturated. You could fix the problem with a timed dosing panel which spreads discharge to mound over a 24hr period if the mound is failing.. If it was me repair the leak, as long as the tank is not caving in or falling apart. Do not know of anybody in the area but there are guys that will scare the ch!t out of you with a estimate . Just tank and line replace should be around 7-8000 with new pump and high level alarm and filter. Abit more dicking around lining up tank inlet with sewer pipe coming from house and discharge line also. Feel free to ask me any questions Without seeing it alls i am doing is speculating.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call 'Tanks-a-lot' for referral on companies that do this kind of work. They sell the concrete septic chambers as well.

ph: 464-4206

Good luck fellow S&M'er

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks rsaint, I've noticed a small sunken area about the size of an ice cream bucket over the past 2-3wks. it is definitely spongy with black water (wish it was oil!). it's about a hundred foot run from my tanks to the mound and the soft spot is about 25ft before the mound. mound itself looks good with no soft spots although it is about 20yrs old. Is it possible to replace the line via 'directional drilling'??...i'm trying to avoid tearing up the whole back yard only to have to come back and do it again if the tanks fail (guy told me today that he gives the tank 3yrs).

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing a system for a guy and he wants to directional drill but the start and finish for the drill will be huge. You could rent a small excavator and dig it up and repair it your self could be a cracked coupling and easy to fix, cant see it being poly pipe but that is also easy to fix, 25 from mound it should not to deep.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 year old tanks! they are done!! the lifespan is up, sorry to say but thats it! thirty years ago the technology wasnt there for concrete. we used to do water and sewer work quite frequently but increase in paperwork, regulations and people who like to work for practice not for a paycheck made us decide to move on to other things. if you are going to replace your tank(s) buy a wilbert tank best out there by far! tanks alot is a joke IMO seen and heard too many faults with their tanks. call Arnold at Silvester Enterprises 780 902 3762 he is your man!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your still looking for a secon/third quote .....Iv've been using these guys, they're honest and know what there doing...Ardalta 780-922-2750 John Van DerVeen

Top Bottom